Kubuntu-Xp-2000---all in one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilanko Halder

Right off the assembly line
Firstly, is it possible to install 2000 and XP after installing Kubuntu?
I have removed everything from my system---including the partitions!
I want to install Kubuntu,XP SP2 pro and Win 2000.
How should I do it?
I am planning to do the following:-
-Dividing my HDD into 5 partitions(C:,D:,E:,F: & G:---and A:->Floppy Drive & H: and I: CD/DVD-RW drives).
-Then installing Kubuntu on F: & G: (F:-Main & G: Swap).
-Then installing 2000 on C: and XP on D:.
Am I going the right way?
Pleeeeeeeaaaase help! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Why do you want XP and 2000?stick to xp Install XP first, and then install Kubuntu. Since you've cleared out all partitions, create partitions needed for xp and leave 12 GB free for Kubuntu. out of the 12 GB unallocated-use this during partitioning step for kubuntu and not any of the Ntfs or FAT32 partitions. Out of the 12 gb allocate 1 gb for swap and rest for ext3 having mount point /

praka123

left this forum longback
swap of <=500MB is enough,dont waste ur hdd space!.also try only one windows!like XP.if u want win2000 like looks,then open another account in XP and customize it to look like win2000(which is easy afaik).
BTW,try Ubuntu(Gnome) it is clean and better.yes,you can install kde4 beta in ubuntu!

OP
Nilanko Halder

Nilanko Halder

Right off the assembly line
installing kubuntu after xp and 2000!
Damn! Xp and 2000 don't even run!!!
That's why i am asking wheather is it possible to install and run XP and 2000
after insatlling kubuntu or not???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

adi007

Youngling
Nilanko Halder said:
installing kubuntu after xp and 2000!
Damn! Xp and 2000 don't even run!!!
That's why i am asking wheather is it possible to install and run XP and 2000
after insatlling kubuntu or not???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
which one did u installed first xp or 2000 ?*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/39.gif
give us ur partition details along with the contents of /boot/grub/menu.lst file....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom