krusop ransomeware

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
today my system has been infected with KRUSOP RANSOMEWARE and all files have been encrypted with .krusop extension..
I have tried STOPDecrypter.....
krusop.JPG
BUT IN VAIN.

I have lost my daughter's all pic from her birth to till date when she is 10 years.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
most likely there is very little you can do. I would suggest remove all the harddrives from it and keep it safe somewhere, maybe after a few months a fix for this ransomware would be found and you can restore your pics. I wouldnt hold too much hope though.

Are you using windows 7 or 10 ?

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
most likely there is very little you can do. I would suggest remove all the harddrives from it and keep it safe somewhere, maybe after a few months a fix for this ransomware would be found and you can restore your pics. I wouldnt hold too much hope though.

Are you using windows 7 or 10 ?
win 7

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If you plan on using an outdated operating system, with no proper security updates or measures, then it is a good idea to follow best practices on how to use the internet, what to avoid and not let anyone plug in a flash drive into your system. Let this be a lesson, for the future on what to avoid atleast..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you plan on using an outdated operating system, with no proper security updates or measures, then it is a good idea to follow best practices on how to use the internet, what to avoid and not let anyone plug in a flash drive into your system. Let this be a lesson, for the future on what to avoid atleast..
Win 7 still gets regular security updates till 14th jan 2020.A good AV is must though for win 7(free like avira/avast or paid ones like kaspersky/bitdefender).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have lost my daughter's all pic from her birth to till date when she is 10 years.
That is why one must always keep backup of important data in at least two different places(an external hdd &/or an online storage like google drive/onedrive--look for Office 365 on amazon). Your data is gone & practically zero chances of rescue.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
That is why one must always keep backup of important data in at least two different places(an external hdd &/or an online storage like google drive/onedrive--look for Office 365 on amazon). Your data is gone & practically zero chances of rescue.
Unfortunately two ext hdd were also attached to it at that time

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately two ext hdd were also attached to it at that time
Another point to note is never to keep your backup ext hdd always connected to pc(same reason why you should never setup some kind of auto sync feature for online storage as it may also copy compromised data & delete the original data stored in online drive.Always upload important data to online drive manually using web interface). Btw which antivirus were you using.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Latest version & regularly updated? Is win 7 regularly updated? Are the browsers used regularly updated(I hope you were not using IE)?

maheshn

Journeyman
On some other site it says malwarebytes can remove the infection. (not for recovering files though)

Remove Krusop Ransomware (.krusop File Decryption) - Virus Solution and Removal

It also says that if you had system restore enabled, and restore point before getting infected is available you may be able to recover the files.

alternate with more info

How to remove STOP Ransomware and decrypt .nvetud, .zatrov, .lotej or .kovasoh files | BugsFighter

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
mahesh...i have restored system to previous time...but that only restores c drive not the datas of d drive.

my files are encrypted with .krusop which is still unbreakable i think

saswat23

Human Spambot
Also completely scan your system with AdwCleaner to detect and clean any leftovers of this ransomware.
Else proceed with fresh installation as @whitestar_999 suggested.

Last edited:
Top Bottom