[Complaint] Kingston giving me hard time

Status
Not open for further replies.

user28

Journeyman
I had purchased a Kingston SSD 64GB model V100 on Feb 16 2012. It worked fine till the month of Febrauary 2013 and then it developed bad sectors. So i had given it for replacement to Digicare and they issued an RMA. They three weeks to replace it and gave me a replacement on 23 Feb 2013. Happy i got a sealed new replacement. But my happiness is shortlived. This drive too had bad sectors and again I submitted to Digicare on 16-March-2013.

So the chronological order is
1) Purchased on Feb 16 2012
2) Gave to Digicare for replacement in first week of febrauary 2013..(Dont remember the exact date)
3) Got the replacement on Feb 23 2013
4) Again gave to digicare for replacement of March 16 2013

They issued an RMA to me and from that day I was following up with Digicare. The only answer I hear from them is "We did not get a confirmation from Kingston. Please contact Kingston for more details".

Blindly believing their words since March 23rd, I was trying to call Kingston on their toll free number 1860 233 4515 but till date I was not able to talk with them. Whenever i call them i hear a greeting message "Welcome to Kingston....." and then the usual " All our customer care support executives are busy.... and your call is important to us....." and after a few seconds call gets disconnected. I wonder why they do not call back !!!
Don't they have call records and caller id?

Every evening once i return from office, my daily routine is to check the online status of my RMA in the digicare site and check if i had received any response from Digicare or Kingston.

Sent a mail to Digicare on March 29th requesting about the status, no response till now. Sent a mail again to services_india@kingston.com and rma.hyderabad@smartlink.co.in today and to my astonishment Digicare people said they had forwarded my mail to kingston today. What a brilliant customer care !!!!

No response from Kingston till the writing of this post.

Guys, can anybody guide me how can i escalate this to the higher authorities of Kingston ?

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Got a reply from Kingston that they are enquiring what caused the delay and update me by EOD. I received this reply in the morning of 08-Apr-2013. Till now there is no update. I wonder what is their own definition of EOD is. 48+ hours ? :lol:

:)

Last edited:
OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Finally they gave me a replacement arrived on 13th of April, which i had collected the same on 20th April. They took a lot of time for the replacement. With such a bitter experience, I will never buy a kingston product again.

Mods, Please close this thread as the problem is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom