Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
This is a RPG. The starting is very similar to Witcher. Someone with great skills gets resurrected suddenly and now on a mission to know why and resolve conflicts in between.

But, the story telling is not neat comparing to Witcher, here you get to choose the character you will be playing with (which Witcher does not provide) then basic RPG customizations.

Well, this is going to be very short review as I'm still playing it.

Positive points:-
-->Graphics. Very beautiful and very well done. Characters at times do look like similar but who cares if they are gonna die under my sword.
-->I'm not sure about the story as I'm lost in side quests. Only thing I can tell is that I just got resurrected by a professor who died while saving me. I'm supposed to escape to this village which is just outside his castle (just opposite side of the fence) and inform the news to some fellow. I've reached the village at least 10 days (real time) back and now lost in side quests and I forgot to pursue the main quest.
-->Lots of weapons. And of different types and abilities. The kind of customization this game has for all its components I'm really amazed and impressed by it.
Eg: At least 6 different types of sword. Then at least 3 variants of each (poor, average and good). Few swords have upgrade slots. You can add upgrade gems in it and the sword will have new abilities. The upgrade slots are of two types one is utility and another is power( you can craft your own upgrade gems too). If you don't like the swords you have, you can wither sell them or salvage them. And from the salvaged parts you can create a totally new sword with different powers.
Now, imagine this option available for all 6 kinds of weapons (Stabs, Chakram, Sceptre, Dagger, Longbow, Scythe...there are few more which I've not unlocked yet)
-->Same options available for armors too.
-->Quests, lots and lots of it. Main quest. Side quests, Side quest of side quests, Side quest of side quests of side quest (When I told I'm lost playing side quests you did not believe me right?! Now do)
-->Fight moves. Different style for each type of weapon. Special powers, finishers what not!!!

Negative points:-
-->Graphics. Not mature graphics like Withcher.
-->Quests.
-->On higher resolution its not going fullscreen

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b4/Kingdoms_of_Amalur_Reckoning_cover.png/250px-Kingdoms_of_Amalur_Reckoning_cover.png

Verdict: If you are a RPG fan and waiting for Witcher 3...well, this could keep you busy (at least slow players like me) till the game launches.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Post some screenies please.. This game is created by the same development team, as of Oblivion.. I had high expectations for this

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
There is already a thread for this game I think......Please search before making a new Thread. :|
I searched, found nothing and created this thread. I'm playing it one year after its launch, there should have been one but I could not find. If you know, just let me know I'll ask the mods to merge those two.

gameranand

Living to Play
I searched, found nothing and created this thread. I'm playing it one year after its launch, there should have been one but I could not find. If you know, just let me know I'll ask the mods to merge those two.

Here
Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom