Kind of a serious issue about an eBay transaction! Any help?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay, the story is I purchased something from eBay on 14th March. And the last date of shipping was today, 27th March. And I just contacted the seller and he says that the item is not available and I will get the refund. Okay, but the problem is I paid from my dad's Debit card, which is his Pension a/c, and there is no allowance of incoming transactions / payments for that account. So I called eBay to make sure after the refund process is initiated in which account am I going to get the refund and they say they will refund in the same account! Now that's scary, cause I won't be getting the refund if they initiate the refund process for that account. So I asked them if there is an option to have the refund in a different bank account, they asked me to hold the line and disconnected it!
If anyone faced any issue like this before kindly input some suggestions here. I will like the refund to come sound and safe, but I am worried :|

Thanks in advance.

PS : This may not be the proper section for this topic, but I need attention of viewers to be honest.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
contact bank where pension account is as this is a topic that requires good understanding of banking system.however as far as i think there should be a difference between incoming transaction & a refund transaction as refund transaction initially originated within the pension account(without this info how can amount be refunded) but incoming transaction always originates from a different account.in any case in matters of electronic transactions money just doesn't disappear & if there is indeed problem in refunding to pension account the seller/ebay payment system too will register error with amount coming back to them.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It will come imo.

Debit Card refunds aren't your normal NEFT or Cash Deposit "incoming" transactions.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Oh okay. If it comes in then all right, I will see what happens.
Thanks for the inputs.

PS : I have emailed eBay in detail, don't know if they ever read the emails or not!

Top Bottom