KDE4 Customizations

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Hello Folks,
I installed KDE4 Today On Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbion. I have turned on desktop effects. i must say they are heavy around 800mb of Ram, i must say Huge memory Footprint:eek:

Right now posting this from Gnome, Man kde confuses hell of you:p
Btw, what are customization i could make to make my desky umber cool.

like Dark Star did.
*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/5913/Desktop1.jpg

Please post what all customizations can be done in respect to KDE4

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
That's KDE 3.5.9 not KDE 4.. Well I have been using KDE 4 but due to its unstability I removed all the packages from Kubuntu.. To customize the KDE 3.5.9 like the way I did..Well you can try samein KDE 4 should work without any problem.. Use Kcontrol to install themes and icons..

1. Install compiz fusion
Code:
sudo apt-get install compiz-kde compiz-fusion-plugins-main compiz-fusion-plugins-extra compizconfig-settings-manager
Get the Fusion Icon from *ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=3163821&postcount=8
If you will compile the latest version you will get better speed and performance.. and KDE 4 support too.. I don't think 0.70 is in the repos.. So compiling the same is better option ;)

2. Install KBFX . Available in the repo.. Now right click on the Kmenu and remove it.. Right click on the panel and select add applet to panel.. and add KBFX spin.. drag it to the left.. and select the theme you like..

3. Icons and Theme used are

Nuovo X : *www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/nuvoX?content=38467
Domino .deb : *www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Domino+Deb+package+for+Kubuntu?content=74031

Well as far as plasmoids you can add better plasmoids in KDE 4.As far as panel resize it according to your need..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom