K750i good deal or .... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello Friends,

Local Dealer quote me

K750i + 512mem (with 64 stock memory)+ Original HPM-70 Head (he will keep Heands Free Bundel with K750i)=10,700/-

Is it possible to have all Original spares with K750i at this price?

He told me that all STUFF will be 100% Original, as I don't have buying experience of SE products so how can I come to know what I buy is ORIGINAL?

Please provide me some hint so I can test/see/verify mem card+ hands free is Original or Not?

Thanks

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
That's the rate anyway... for the original whole package. U might get it for lesser, i suppose. Research more.

And k750i's the best 10k walkmancam phone out in India from quite sometime.

Regd genuine/fake memory sticks... *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46129

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

I don't know about memory card but original HPM-70 has a tag on its wire near the connector which has product name and serial number printed. See if you can find one on the headset given by your dealer.
Btw are you still confused about which cell to buy? I thought by now you must have bought one:D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
if i'm not wrong k750i now retails for ~9.5k (wid the normal headset and 64mb card). ask him the price of k750i + hpm70. if its ~1k more then yes the price is correct. krazy i've seen even duplicate hpm70s wid the tag and serial no. so one can't be conclusive abt that. a crude method to test is this, get ur mp3 player or anything wid the 3.5mm headphone socket. plug out the ear buds from the hpm70 and plug them in onto ur mp3 player and play a song wid heavy bass. mostly (~98%) fake one can be easily identified wid very li'l or no bass effect!
regarding memory stick, i dun think its original. it must be compatible. coz it the phone wid normal features costs ~9.5k and a package comprising of phone + hpm70 + 512mb stick costs 10.7k i doubt if he can give a new original mem card.

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

If you can, get your hands on an original HPM-70 and memory stick. Carefully observe them checking every fine detail. Then while purchasing check the headset and memory stick that your dealer is giving you and compare them with the original you've seen. If possible take the originals with you and compare them on the spot. If any thing seem different, even if its a very small detail, then its definitely a fake.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I bought my K750i in septembar 2006 for 10.5k

Bought an original Sandisk Gaming grade memory stick pro duo 512 MB with 5 years warrenty last month for Rs 1,500. The package was compleately sealed, I bought it from the sandisk distributer here, & since the card is transparent, i checked the serial number written on the chip on the net, found it to be genuine. You might pay a bit more when going for original, but its not like you buy a memory card everyday, so it's better to buy genuine

I bought HPM-70 earphones for Rs 1,345 from Sony World, which had the tag on the wire too, i noted the number, searched on the net & it was also a unique identifier, its genuine. The in-ear earphones give really nice bass...but I opted for Sony MDR E-818LP earphones insted for Rs 500 & taped the extra wire, cos i don't find in-ear comfortable for my taste, they tickle my ears actully :D. E818 gives ok-ok Bass though even with Megabass equilizer, I was short on money or I would have bought MDR-J11G

Sony is about to relese HPM-64 soon, which is the same thing as HPM-70 but with normal rounded earbuds. HPM-70/64 is good as it acts as a convertar for your phone to 3.5mm audio jack & you can plug any speaker in it. Here is a pic of my HPM-70 with MDR E-818LP ear buds

*img294.imageshack.us/img294/1025/hpm70sa3.jpg

One thing that I would recomend is the Sony ericsson Micro Travel Charger CMT-60, the reason is that, if you are traveling with your phone, then this is a really essential tool, you can charge your phone from 0% to 100% using 2 AA batteries, in just 1 hour. A handy life saver infact, cos there are no plugs in train usually.

K750i is a good deal, you can easily make it a jukebox like I did or you can get a pre-made Jukebox, the W810i, as it comes with 512 MB card & HPM-70 along with walkman branding & player. In both cases, the end cost will be about same. Right now going for a W810i is a better deal with a Travel charger, cos K750i's developement cycle is over now. For those who already own a K750i they can follow something like i did

Last edited:
OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for reply friends,

I visit to Sony Dealer and find that HPM-70 cost Rs.700/- with 1 yrs warranty.

About 512mb card he ask me to get it from Other shop as Original one with YES brand for Rs.1500/- with 5 yrs warranty with him.

He also suggest me to wait till Monday Noon and SE release a New Price List will be in his hand and he could quote lesser than today's price i.e. 9900/-

No yaar I just can't spend Rs.10,000+ without thinking:confused:, I'm happy that only in 3-4 months I am able to decide on;):D

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Stick said:
I visit to Sony Dealer and find that HPM-70 cost Rs.700/- with 1 yrs warranty.

You sure it's original? Original is Rs 1345, as said by SE Distributer & there website

About 512mb card he ask me to get it from Other shop as Original one with YES brand for Rs.1500/- with 5 yrs warranty with him.

Get Sandisk or transcend, that would be better.

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
gx_saurav said:
You sure it's original? Original is Rs 1345, as said by SE Distributer & there website

He said it is with bill and one year warranty:confused:. Which website are you talking about, url pls.?

Get Sandisk or transcend, that would be better.[/quote]

Can you have latest price?

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
K750i and the 512MB combo sounds ok. But headphone doesn't sound ok. Its not possible to give all these at the quoted price. So double check or triple check. Because its easy to trick the memory card and the headphone with the fake one. But if everything is all right then it can't get better than that.

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Dealer said that it is from Grey Market (memory and HPM-70) that's why he afford to sold at low price and if I need With Bill than he ask Rs.1000/- more for same 512mb + Hpm-70?

He also add that if on any point I prove that the mem+headset is FAKE he will give me my money back????????

Can any one tell me how to differentiate between Original Mem and FAKE, is there any capacity reduction in Original or FAKE, or we get full 512mb with both?

B

brutality9k

Stick said:
Dealer said that it is from Grey Market (memory and HPM-70) that's why he afford to sold at low price and if I need With Bill than he ask Rs.1000/- more for same 512mb + Hpm-70?

He also add that if on any point I prove that the mem+headset is FAKE he will give me my money back????????

Can any one tell me how to differentiate between Original Mem and FAKE, is there any capacity reduction in Original or FAKE, or we get full 512mb with both?

You will not get full memory capasity with both, there will always be some reduction. You better not buy fake, it will do more harm. Get the Sandisk Mmeory card from Sandisk dealer of your city & HPM-70 from Sony World.

512 MB Memory card in Sony World = Rs 2200, with 5 years warrenty. I won't recomend buying the card from Sony World though, but do buy HPM-70 from Sony world only

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Can he give a written document stating that he will exchange them if proven fake. Put him under pressure. He will crack. There is a huge possibility of a fake.

I insist that you but them from a original dealer. Get a SanDisk or Kingston memory card. It may cost you some more but will have complete peace of mind.

And there is no question of buying anything without bill. Not phone or accessories.

Do triple check. Products from gray market doesn't have any guarantee nor warranty. Company won't take responsibility of them or if they damage your phone they will not service your mob.

And without bill they won't ever listen to you.

And its your money. Don't listen and believe whatever the shopkeeper says. They all are cheaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom