k550i prob ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
k550i and w610i key prob Explained !!

when tying messages sometimes the cursor stops blinking and at that time the button 4(ghi) and 6(mno) stop working but the other buttons work
no matter how hard u press 4 and 6 no feedback at all

This happnens even if u touch the camera button slightly

so while typing a message make sure that u dont accidently touch the camera button on the side !!

while typing messages if you are holding the phone with both of your hands ur right hand palm might touch the camera button !! and cursor stops blinking !! make sure u dont touch it !!

u can verify it for yourself...slightly press the camera button and try pressin butttons 4 and 6 in SMS

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
If its under warranty get it repaired....
Never heard of such a problem..

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
it happens only some times..........that is some times when the cursor stops blinking and that is when the keys 4 and 6 six dont work...but rest are fine

now why does the cursor stop blinking ?? i mean why does it hang ??

is it some firmaware problem or hardware problem ?? or what ?? just the ram getting clogged ??

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
how did it the problem solve on its own? why i'm asking seriously is I am planning to buy this phone in the next couple of weeks time.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
i heard that its been fixed in the latest firmware release.....!!

since i dont face the problem anymore i have not upgraded my firmware...i will do it later...am jst lazy to do so .

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
is the keypad comfortable for messaging? And is the photo light as powerful as the Xenon flash.. I know it can't compare to the Xenon. But still do night pictures come out well with the photo light?

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
is the keypad comfortable for messaging?

very much....the trick is you use your nails !! but its really fine and u will learn it right in 2-3 days !

And is the photo light as powerful as the Xenon flash..

i dont know..........but the flash is good and will light up nicley !

do night pictures come out well with the photo light?

they come ok...not as great as in day light....low res camera all fail in low light...even that old sony cybershot camera 3.2 MP perfoms bad in low light !! my hostel frined has 1 so i know !

i think this is the best phone in <10 range which offer good camera good music great interface and also is slim and nice battery backup too !

buy a good pair of earphones like hpm 70 and EP 630
i have seen almost exact copies of hpm 70 for 250 Rs u can use its fast port to 3.5mm converter with Creative EP 630 !!!

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
The headphones shouldn't be a problem. I bought my mom a Nokia BH-501 which she rarely uses. And as this K550i has A2DP, I can pair it with that and use those headphones. And I went through wotan to convert the firmware to that of W610i's. I should be buying the phone around the end of this month. I am really thankful for your help.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^^ hey i have edited the post !! changed the topic to what the problem is !!

u can flash k550i now using XS++ just check out Se-Nse

Last edited:

raghumithra

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I first flashed to w610 it worked fine but when i again reflashed to W810i ,i was not able to hear any sound or it was unable to detect the network . i tried relashing..but still not working, now my phone status in fully dead ..i can watch only white light switching on and off...please help me

raghumithra

Right off the assembly line
WTF??? you flashed k550 to w610 and then to w810? really? confirm it!

yes ,1st flashed k550 to w610 and then to w810 and finally back to K550, after that every thing is working fine but No sound nor Network ..Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.