Just bought BSNL evdo prepaid data card. plz clear a few doubts :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
hello guys i bought Bsnl evdo data card UE100 today with prepaid CDMA sim. i got it for 959/- with RS.399 balance included.

1. can i activate a plan [eg: Rs.250/-] with my balance? i mean, it should deduct the amount Rs.250 from my balance. [Rs.399]

2. how to recharge?? can i go to any mobile recharge shop?

for eg: if i want to activate Rs.825 [one month unlimited plan]. should i just recharge my evdo no. with 825Rs. ? or i have to recharge it with any amount greater than 825 and activate the plan using sms or something?

3. what is "EVDO Data STV's available through C-Top UP" ?? i

i am totally N00B about evdo.

ps: i had tried downlaoding a small file and got ~35-70KB/s :-x . max i could get was 160KB/s

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
EVDO speed is not consistent & good avg speed should be ~1mbps(meaning ~400-450mb download in 1 hour using download manager).if there are a lot of EVDO users in area or signal strength is weak you will get lower speeds.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm using paytm.com to recharge it. Can i use my balance to activate a plan? So that the value of the selected plan could be deducted from my main balance?

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
I'm also using paytm.If you want to recharge unlimited plan just recharge with 825 and u will get the uld plan.:-D

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
So, after long time bumping this thread.

I too got EVDO and to check speed I selected 250 plan which provides 1GB data.

Now, I would like to get Rs. 750 unlimited plan.

Do I need to visit BSNL office to get plan changed or I can do STV recharge on PAYTM.

Please help.

sahil1033

In the zone
So, after long time bumping this thread.

I too got EVDO and to check speed I selected 250 plan which provides 1GB data.

Now, I would like to get Rs. 750 unlimited plan.

Do I need to visit BSNL office to get plan changed or I can do STV recharge on PAYTM.

Please help.
The 750 plan you're talking of is for POSTPAID customers. For PREPAID, it's for 825 / month.

kamal_saran

android lover
Hey guys sorry for bumping but I reside in a village that is from some 25 km from Ludhiana. So is anybody using bsnl evdo in Ludhiana can tell me that how can I confirm if it's available in my area or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom