Jio Phone - Talk

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I think this 594 will be deducted from 1500 for the first year.
this 49 and 99 are just to lure the customer. also someone can recharge different denominations to add up to 1500 per annum.
i think their initial plan of 153 was introduced keeping in mind this 1500 per year condition. now to add more users, they are using this 99 and now 49 plan as baits.

as per user reviews, Micromax Bharat 1 is having a very slow rather bad hotspot feature which keeps disconnecting.
i think both nokia phones are priced above 3000 so for many people, initial cost is more and that is why they opt for jiophone.

Last edited:

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
And they can reject the security if there is any wear and tear. So, use a protector lol
OP
You should exchange it with Jiofone 2, only if it serves your purpose.

normal usage wear n tear is allowed as per their terms though this is a subjective thing.
have they come up with any exchange offer on Jiophone 2? i have not heard it.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
normal usage wear n tear is allowed as per their terms though this is a subjective thing.
Subjective thing won't let them take any phone back. What's normal for us won't be normal for them.
I think after paying 500 bucks you can exchange your current jio phone with the second gen one.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I think this 594 will be deducted from 1500 for the first year.
also someone can recharge different denominations to add up to 1500 per annum.
Yes, 594/- will be deducted from 1500/-
I have thought about it, but not sure if top up counts as recharge. Have to clarify with the customer care before one do.
Jio started shipping Jio phone last Sep'17. In two months, one years completes. We will know if Jio enforces that 1500/- recharge per annum thing and take back the phone for those who didn't recharge for 1500/- for the first year.
I think after paying 500 bucks you can exchange your current jio phone with the second gen one.
After Jio announced this 501/- exchange offer @ AGM few weeks ago, online media reported that the we can swap our Jio phone 1 for Jio Phone 2 by paying 501/-. But this turned out to be wrong and many updated their article that the exchange is for any brand old feature phone for Jio Phone 1 not for Jio Phone 2.
As of now, Jio Phone 2 is priced at 2999/-. Not sure if this pricing is for outright purchase or for lease. We will know about this by Aug 15th and more fine prints.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
how is the call quality and performance of other features of jio phone? any one used that? is Micromax bharat 1 better in performance in terms of call quality etc.? i am not including hotspot feature in it.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
how is the call quality and performance of other features of jio phone? any one used that? is Micromax bharat 1 better in performance in terms of call quality etc.? i am not including hotspot feature in it.
I have posted my experience here (Post #14)
Call quality is good (this is from someone who is using Nokia 1110i for over a decade). For someone who is using good/latest phone may have different opinion about this.
What other features?
- Phone is slow, it hangs, pathetic typing experience (worst dictionary), unlocking screen time out lock is not as easy as Nokia, irritating ad banner every time you use an app and after every call.
- Spamming with messages/calls reminding to recharge when due date arrives. About a dozen messages/calls in few hours time span would be extremely irritating.
- You won't receive any message/files from Jio chat if you're not online when the sender is sending the message/files. You will get notification that you have a message in Jio chat, but there won't be anything when open the app.
- Wifi (Jio switch) is not easy to send/receive files.
- Button double clicks sometimes when we just pressed once.
- There is no option to block numbers, only two sound profiles.
- There is no option to change date format (call logs)
- Battery life is not good. Lasts for about 3 days if I used for calls about 10 min a day and couple of messages. Just this, nothing else. My Nokia last longer despite with smaller battery.
- There isn't much to talk about camera, bluetooth is fine, haven't used NFC, can listen to radio without inserting headphone in it's jack.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Jio Phone monsoon hungama has new terms and conditions. Last week it wasn't there.

- Users can't return before 2.5yrs. They can return the phone before 3yrs but not before 2.5yrs, 6 months is ridiculous. If they want to return after 2.5yrs and before 3yrs, they have to pay 501/- + GST as early return charges.
- Users have to use the phone for 300 days a year for 3 yrs for charged services. Meaning they don't have cap in rupees (like in 1500/- security deposit plan) but in days. No, they don't have to recharge for 1500/- a year for 3 years.
Assuming one recharges 49/- plan;
300 days divided by 28 days validity means, 11 recharges. 11*49 = 539/- a year. When buying they bought 594 voucher, that's valid for 6 months. Now they have to spend 1323/- for the next 3 yrs (245/- for the first year and 539/- a year for the last two years) That brings a total of 1917/-. This is comparatively lot better than 4500/-

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I have posted my experience here (Post #14)
Call quality is good (this is from someone who is using Nokia 1110i for over a decade). For someone who is using good/latest phone may have different opinion about this.
i might go for this as my mother uses speed dial to call me and she is still not comfortable with a touch screen phone even when there is direct shortcut to call. i am mainly interested in call quality. rest all is additional. thanks.

Reactions: nac
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Jio phone has USB tethering to use phone's internet in laptop or PC. Seems like it's been available for quite sometime now, I just found out.
The main reason why I bought Jio Phone, but which wasn't available at the time of buying. Without knowing for sure, I bought and regretted later. Now I am happy that it's available. Wish I learned this a week ago when my broadband was out.

Top Bottom