Jio Fiber

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is also available for individual/independent homes provided jio has plans of providing connections in your locality/colony.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
One query,Folks.

Can the JioFiber be available for personal or individual House?
I mean, is it only entitled for a Housing society? Or large Apartments,with lots of Flats and Families?

To @meetdilip , @billubakra , @whitestar_999 , @Zangetsu ?
Any idea or info,brothers?
It is available for individual house/flat provided it has started service in your area. That thing on the registration page means more the number of registrations from an area/society the faster they will get there.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
They will need certain no. of connections at your area for them to start providing connections during the initial days. If that is met, people could get those ₹ 700 basic plans with 1 Gbps ( 2 months free ?) as individual connection.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Anybody moving to JioFiber ? They are offering share files within home network and outside. What is it ? Something like Plex ?

Jio Fiber Plans.jpeg

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Plex is meant for media streaming,this looks more like a pseudo-static IP sharing(also possible on any normal connection with software & dynamic dns services like no-ip,dyndns etc also present in many routers).

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Any updates about this from the existing users ? I am hearing this for the first time. I think not rolled out during the test phase.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Do we have to pay annual payment to get the gateway and set-top box free ? Or 2.5 k + monthly rent is all we have to pay ?

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
New Reliance Jio Fiber Plans with Symmetric Speeds (starts at 30mbps for Rs. 399)

*i.imgur.com/8bmfwZ1.jpg
*www.ril.com/getattachment/d7854dc7...Tariff-Plans-Celebrate-Naye-India-Ka.aspx.pdf

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Apparently the OTT services will only work via the set top box they give you, you won't get online accounts to use on your PC, phone, etc

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have been using Jio fiber for the last few days.

Router is pre configured, it can be used out of the box without any further configuration. At the time installation, they said I can use My Jio app to access/manage everything. Since I don't have a smartphone, the initial things I asked were done by the technician using his smartphone. I was told I can access router interface from browser and manage it from there.

For the last two days I am trying to figure out the things, as I am not used with this kinda router before. I don't know what's the point of having half a dozen access points/profiles (WLAN). By default, two of them are up - one is 2.4ghz and another is 5ghz. There don't seems to be any option to delete the other access points.

It looks like the bandwidth profile is only for upstream, if there are too many devices connected I can't limit anyone's bandwidth. I don't even know if that upstream limit is working or not. Comparing with my old DSL connection, I am using 3x that data with Fiber. Since it's unlimited, I don't have to worry about that.

quicky008

Technomancer
@nac : Is this connection completely wireless?Did they install any cabling from their end to your home/apartment to provide the jio fiber connectivity?

How much did you have to pay for the initial setup and the necessary peripherals (router etc)?And which of their monthly plans have you subscribed to at the moment?

PS: Does jiofiber block access to warez portals by default?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It's optical fiber line. Optical fiber cable looks pretty much like telephone line atleast to me exterior looks like that. With telephone line, we can bend or even make a knot, but with optical fiber they say we shouldn't and that will damage or even break the line.

They have a pole in the street and a box is already installed in the pole itself. A line running from the post to my house, they kept the cable as it is until the line come into my house, after that they spliced one part of the line and removed it entirely. I guess they didn't need that part anymore. And there is a small palm size box, something similar to telephone connection. They installed that close to where I want the router.

Modem has four lan port, two usb port, one port for optical fiber and power line. There is a button for WPS, other than that no button at all not even power button. And no antennas for Wifi, they say it's internal. Only one led light, and nothing else.

It's Rs. 1500/- as they advertised including GST and everything. Router comes with power adapter, ethernet cable, telephone line cable (each 1 no.).

As of now I haven't subscribed to any plan, as you now it's a trial period. I am intending to go for the base plan.

Never heard of warez before, googled and its something to do with piracy thing. I don't think forum allows to discuss about that.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's optical fiber line. Optical fiber cable looks pretty much like telephone line atleast to me exterior looks like that. With telephone line, we can bend or even make a knot, but with optical fiber they say we shouldn't and that will damage or even break the line.

They have a pole in the street and a box is already installed in the pole itself. A line running from the post to my house, they kept the cable as it is until the line come into my house, after that they spliced one part of the line and removed it entirely. I guess they didn't need that part anymore. And there is a small palm size box, something similar to telephone connection. They installed that close to where I want the router.

Modem has four lan port, two usb port, one port for optical fiber and power line. There is a button for WPS, other than that no button at all not even power button. And no antennas for Wifi, they say it's internal. Only one led light, and nothing else.

It's Rs. 1500/- as they advertised including GST and everything. Router comes with power adapter, ethernet cable, telephone line cable (each 1 no.).

As of now I haven't subscribed to any plan, as you now it's a trial period. I am intending to go for the base plan.

Never heard of warez before, googled and its something to do with piracy thing. I don't think forum allows to discuss about that.

If possible do post the speed you are getting here :
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/post-your-speedtest-results.138028/page-104

Interested to see how much speed do they offer in trail period ? BTW, this trial period is for how many days ?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@nac , do you stay in Kolkata or along the Suburbs?
I am keen to know about your feedback and usage of Jio Fiber. Though Alliance BB is running very good ,still interested in Jio Fiber.
In fact I am ready to go for the Rs.999.00 pack per month with Cable TV set top box combination. Means needed to spend Rs.2500.00 initially.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@nac , do you stay in Kolkata or along the Suburbs?
I am keen to know about your feedback and usage of Jio Fiber. Though Alliance BB is running very good ,still interested in Jio Fiber.
In fact I am ready to go for the Rs.999.00 pack per month with Cable TV set top box combination. Means needed to spend Rs.2500.00 initially.

He is from TN

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
New Reliance Jio Fiber Plans with Symmetric Speeds (starts at 30mbps for Rs. 399)

*i.imgur.com/8bmfwZ1.jpg
*www.ril.com/getattachment/d7854dc7...Tariff-Plans-Celebrate-Naye-India-Ka.aspx.pdf

By symmetric speeds you mean, equal download/upload speeds?

Top Bottom