Jio Fiber Plans

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Jio fiber plans are finally out. What do you guys think? I personally think they could have done better in FUP speeds. The plans lag behind many of the local providers.

upload_2019-9-6_15-17-41.png

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
100 GB fup is stupid. 2-3 games would consume that much. Local ISP is able to give 30 mbps no-fup connection for 600/month. (he has higher packages as well)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Just got Tata Sky Fiber optic broadband, 50 mbps, 999 per month fully UL... 5 months+1..

They have some other "gifts" bundled with this plan including some 3 day trip but seems pretty shady..

Looks like jio is trying to cash in based on the name they created in 4G space & the promise of 100Mbps. Most people don't realize that 100Mbps is not that useful for most connections, 25-30Mbps will suffice. Hopefully, those local ISPs with better plans get better business.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
My ISP upgraded FUP to 1000 GB last month to become Jio ready. Looks like that worked in their favour.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Jio fiber plans are finally out. What do you guys think? I personally think they could have done better in FUP speeds. The plans lag behind many of the local providers.
Even Bharat Fiber seems better to me.
Jio 849 vs BSNL 849

*i.imgur.com/2ujZdGk.png

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I guess Jio Fiber is trying to compete with BSNL ADSL :lol:
My local ISP has better plans. I hope local ISPs don't increase their prices now.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am using BSNL 350/- plan (which was 250/- before, they increased to 300/- and now it's 350/-). I get 7.2mbps (supposed to be 8mbps), they don't seem like enforcing that FUP limit. Most of the time I am getting 7.2mbps which is more than good enough for my use case. I can even watch content @ full HD without any buffering.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
What about Jio STB remote ? Is there one ? Does it have Alexa or Google Assistant ? All we have RJ45 out ? What happens when we plug it on our laptop ? Is there any need to use a GUI to dial ? Is it plug and browse ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That ₹849 plan how does it work ? I mean 600gb of data per month or total data annual usage.
That's per month hopefully. I've used ~210 GB this month till today and I have 3 flatmates sharing the same connection. Post FUP abysmal speeds annoy me more than low FUP limits. You never know when you'll finish that limit and then wait for youtube to buffer at 144p. :|

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Compared to what pre-Jio plans were, we should thank Jio for what we have with other ISPs. My FUP rose from 100 - 200 -400 -1000 GB. Just because they were afraid of what Jio will offer.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
To anyone still confused about Jio fiber plans... Geeky ranjit released a detailed video:

Top Bottom