Hey people, I have a Genuine Win 7 Home Premium 32-bit on my laptop.
For learning and using Java, I was recommended to download the latest Java Development Kit(JDK) from the Java(Oracle) website itself. So I downloaded - "Windows (x86) jdk-7u21-windows-i586.exe" , which technically should be comopatible with my system.
But on running the setup, Windows gives the following message-
"C:\Users\...(address here)...\jdk-7u21-windows-i586.exe is not a valid Win32 application."
What do I do?
Thanks.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
you'l have to download the "i564" version because you have a 32 bit OS, "i586" is for 64 bit OS..

Vignesh B

Youngling
^^ Isn't i386 the 32-bit edition? Btw his installer name starts with Windows (x86)
Probably the installer is corrupt. Try downloading the setup again.
Usually the error comes when you try installing a 64 bit software on a 32 bit system, but in your case, you've got the correct version.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - like the others said the downloaded setup file is corrupt which is a common issue using browsers .. so next time download the setup file using a good download manager and also make sure your pc is free from any kind of virus/trojan which can corrupt setup files.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
@ OP - like the others said the downloaded setup file is corrupt which is a common issue using browsers .. so next time download the setup file using a good download manager and also make sure your pc is free from any kind of virus/trojan which can corrupt setup files.

Could you post the link to download any download manager(preferably IDM) and it should be not trial version..;-)
All i have found is trial version..

TheHumanBot

Padawan
use IDM enjoy 30days then use revo uninstaller and uninstall and install again.
correct version for your OS: *download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7u21-b11/jdk-7u21-windows-i586.exe

OP
A

abhisheknaik96

Broken In
Thanks a lot everybody! :)

I have started the download using Free Download Manager. Hope it works out this time! :)

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could you post the link to download any download manager(preferably IDM) and it should be not trial version..;-)
All i have found is trial version..

there's lots of free download manager / browser addons available. It's about time you use some real freeware or open source softwares/apps .. do check out the freeware thread on the forum.

Top Bottom