iTunes and Quicktime Problem PLS HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinav_achreja

Right off the assembly line
I have a problem with itunes 6. neither quicktime(that came along) open on doubleclicking.
i went to apple.com and saw the troubleshoot thing. the solution given worked but i had to reset the settings everytime.
this was on the site:
1. On the Start menu, click Run. A Run window (command prompt) appears.
2. Type msconfig in the Open field and click OK. The System Configuration Utility opens.
3. Click the General tab.
4. Select the "Selective Startup" option.
5. Deselect the "Load Startup Items" checkbox.
6. Click the Startup tab.
7. Select the "iTunesHelper" and "qttask" checkboxes in the list.
8. Click the Services tab.
9. Make sure that "Hide All Microsoft Services" is selected.
10. Click Disable All.
11. Select the iPodService checkbox in the list.
12. Click OK.
13. Click Restart.
14. After restarting (and logging in to Windows), a window appears confirming that "You have used the System Configuration Utility to make changes to the way Windows starts." CLick OK. The System Configuration Utility appears. Do not click OK here as this will prompt you to restart again. First try to reproduce the issue you were having.

If following these steps resolves the issue, you may want to use the System Configuration Utility to turn on the third-party System Services and Startup Items one or a few at a time (restarting your computer after turning on the item or items) to identify which System Service or Startup Item is causing the conflict. You can turn all of them back on by selecting the Normal Startup option under the General tab of the System Configuration Utility window, but please note that this may cause the issue to recur.

But lately even this doesnt work. i have come to a conclusion that something is conflicting with Qtime. bcoz when i uninstall both and reinstalled iTunes 4.7 it works.
Help will be appreciated

Nikhilsam

Broken In
Try out these steps :
1. Unistall itunes 6 from your system.
2. Then delete the registry entry of Apple Quick Time/Itunes.
3. Then try installing itunes 6 again.

alternatively you may install itunes 6 from Digit DVD/CD.

Try this, I hope it will work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom