Issues Related To DVD Movies???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Yeah, Ulead Video Studio is pretty good. I use it. You can capture your video in MPEG2 if you have a P4
with 512 MB RAM ( atleast 2 GHZ or higher processor) will do. Always keep a backup of the video you
captured. You can also capture video in AVI format and convert it to MPEG2. See what works for you.

qarch

Going green anyone?
Hi every one. I had this dvd movie I borrowed from a friend. I liked the movie very much. However due to lack of a ripper, I could not rip it - I just copied all the files to my hard drive (not very bright but there it was). Any suggestions from anyone how I can reassemble the movie? I still have all those vob etc files with me on my HDD.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

First of all, what you are asking here is related to piracy and thus cannot be answered because it goes against forum rules... So next time whenever you ask a question, phrase your question in a better way... I hope you understand what I mean...

yash

I draw every day
ulead video studio 10 plus dosent work with the format of video files I have on my hard disk. They are avi`s encoded in motion jpeg. whenever I try to add some effect to the video, it all goes completely black for the duration of the effect. And I`ve even tried exporting to a different format without any effects and its still black.So I tried sony vegas movie studio 6 and the interface sucks.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
qarch said:
Hi every one. I had this dvd movie I borrowed from a friend. I liked the movie very much. However due to lack of a ripper, I could not rip it - I just copied all the files to my hard drive (not very bright but there it was). Any suggestions from anyone how I can reassemble the movie? I still have all those vob etc files with me on my HDD.
All those .vob files would notappear as in your friend's DVD coz it was not ripped in proper manner,next time use Nero Backup or use Alcohol 120% for properly rippingg DVD's without any sort opf problem!

T

tukaibatman

Hey I have ripped .vob files from many DVDs (I own the original DVDs) and want to back them up without or with compression in Dual Layer DVDs

I can do it but I have a problem as the subtitles are always left out
I don't want to hard encode them and have it as an option

Can you tell me the softwares required by it I have been using Nero Vision Express 4 till now

OP
go4saket

go4saket

tukaibatman said:
Hey I have ripped .vob files from many DVDs (I own the original DVDs) and want to back them up without or with compression in Dual Layer DVDs

I can do it but I have a problem as the subtitles are always left out
I don't want to hard encode them and have it as an option

Can you tell me the softwares required by it I have been using Nero Vision Express 4 till now

Use Nero Recode (Part Of Nero Vision Express). This doesn't remove the subtitles. Another very good software is DVD Shrink which helps you to shrink,copy, merge or seperate your DVD's retaining the subtitles. You can use DVDReMake to merge DVD's and make menus for the same...

OP
go4saket

go4saket

I brought a few DVD movies and just to avoid any loss of movies because of any stratches, I thought of copying the movies to my HDD. I was successful with a few and faced problems with some others.

When I tried to copy the movies "After The Sunset", it gave the following errors with the following softwares...

DVD Shrink:
*www.geocities.com/go4saket/images/digit_forum/dvd_shrink_error.gif

DVD Decryptor:
*www.geocities.com/go4saket/images/digit_forum/dvd_decrypter.gif

Alcohol 120%:
*www.geocities.com/go4saket/images/digit_forum/alcohol_error.gif
I even tried to copy with Alcohol 12% with "Skip data read errors" activated, but there seemed to be some many errors, that it couldnt copy one movie in 12 Hrs. also.

Now, incase if there was really some problem with the data in the DVD, how come it played absolutely fine in my Phylips DVD player and even in the same DVD drive of my computer which I use to copy the movie. If there was any problem with the DVD, it wouldnt have played without any flaws. This clearly means that there is some problem with copying. This is not the case with just one movie but with many movies and all the disks are brand new without any stratches.

Can you please explan where things are going wrong so that I can correct them.

For your information, I am on Windows XP Pro SP2, Sony DVD Writer, 512 MB DDR RAM.

nil_3

In the zone
I also experienced this type of problem. I have seen that sometimes another CD/DVD drive can play such type of discs. I own four different brands of drives. When one drive cannot read, sometimes the other one can.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Can someone tell me a software with which I can make Menu's for DVD Movies. The software should support sub-titles, aminated menu's if possible and most important, should not re-encode the movie all over again.

I have tried Nero Vision & Nero Recode, but both of them reencodes the movies all over again. DVD Lab Pro is quite complicated. So please dont recommend me any of these softwares.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well... for DVD Ripping and encoding to AVI i use DVD decrypter and AutoGK... i get very good results... no doubt about it... both in high compression and Quality... i mean i ripped one DVD, 5.5GB in to a 700MB ISO... there isnt any quality diffrence... now it was a Original moview Disk so one movie was 5.5GB...

i have also ripped a DVD which had 1GB as a moview i guess its a pirated disk... dont know becuase i bought it for Rs. 299 which ho;ts 4 moview, so i guess its a pirated DVD...

anyway that 1GB movie, i ripped it to 300MB... and once again the quality was same as the DVD...

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
nice thread , but u can continue your tutorial section threads....
meanwhile i want to know the price of dual layer media @ nehru palace

if i take spindle of 25 dvds

nil_3

In the zone
go4saket said:
Can someone tell me a software with which I can make Menu's for DVD Movies. The software should support sub-titles, aminated menu's if possible and most important, should not re-encode the movie all over again.

If you want to keep single movie in a DVD with menu, then there is no software(so far as I know). All the menu editing softwares will re-encode the movie. You can convert the .VOB to .AVI, extract the subtitles and then create the DVD with menu and subtitle as you like by Adobe Encore.

For keeping 2/3 movies you can follow this procedure:
1. From your 4/5 movie DVD extract two movies separately by Nero Recode > Compile a DVD.
2. Merge the DVDs with the software DVD Remake PRO 3.5.3. You must have only PRO version. DVD remake PRO will merge them with its own menu. Now you can replace this menu with a menu created by you by any standard menu editing softwares. THIS IS THE ONLY SOFTWARE WHICH DO NOT RE-ENCODE AND KEEPS THE SUBTITLES INTACT(if you keep them in Nero Recode). This very little software is a bit complicated but once you mastered you will be astonished by its versatility and it will give you immense possibility of DVD creation. Some help and tutorials are available at its site and also there is a dedicated forum.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

I need a good software that can help me to split movies in smaller parts or rip only the part of the movie that I intend to. It should support most of the movie formats and when splitting, it shouldnt re-encode the movie, but just cut that part of the movie and make a new file out of it.

I used VCD Cutter and was quite satisfied with it, but the problem is that it doesnt support many formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom