Is your connection O.K ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Hi all..

for the last two days i am getting weird kinda connection failure including ping problems.. i dont know how...

i used open dns.. now i removed it.. seems to working fine.. but today morning i got some DNS problem... my browsers failed to open any site...

i tried to restart the router.. now working fine...

but even though there seems to be too long delay in site proceesing time..

recently i installed KAV 7 , and it casued many problems.. now after switching off web traffic monitorring .. now its better....

or could this be due to ISP ???

i am using AIRTEL... chennai...

is anyone having same problem...

and when i visited a site it should me that iwas arriving from thirurapalli instewad of chennai ??/

whts going on ??/

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I don't know what exactly is the reason, but in many recent similar problems I have seen that many guyz have just installed Kaspesky and then they had problems. Even I had installed it and threw it within 1 day because it had too many notifications, too many options, eh!

May be KIS is the issue? May be its need some configuration etc!

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thanks rohan...

actually i had KAS b4.. which workedsuperbly.. now i installed AVG and unistalled and then installed KAS... i dont know..

i am just asking whether it could be due to ISP

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
use this combo of DNS

that works for me,

get antivir, its better in free antiviruses is less obtrusive.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
actually when i had AVG.. the updates the company gace out was very small .. after unistalling it and runiiing KAV showed around 15 trojan/worms/virus resdiding in my system....

is antivir better than Kav ??

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yeah, for me its better than any paid solution.

Though you can always cross check the results on review sites and antivirus comparatives.

I don't use antispyware or other anit malware.
Just Antivir + Comodo 3 pro firewall

defense net of comodo 3 pawns every malware

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^Hey, I have comodo firewall pro 3, and I somewhere seen a option for virus scanning. Whats that? Does it have an anti-virus too? And is it efficient?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^comodo provides standalone antivirus too, but thats not upto the mark, better don't use it
Comodo has only one good free product and thats the firewall (defense net)

I think the option for antivirus scan is a generic one, if any. i haven't logged into windows for long, so can't confirm.

Though during installation it asks for an antivirus scan just to make sure your system is free of any infection before installing the firewall.

I have set up internet mode to custom policy(for every application wanting to access net i get an alert, adding to secure app or blocking etc) and for defense net the mode is set to clean pc mode (all the applications residing on computer will be able to execute but any thing from external source will be prompted by an alert during execution, works well when some spyware from external pen drive tries to execute or something try to get install from net, pawned by defense net).

Though during installation, you can switch to installation mode for defense net, but i prefer to disable it during installation of a software then resumes it to clean pc mode again.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i heard vista inbuilt firewall is very good.. so i dont have any firewalll... should i have to install one...

but again.. idownload loads from torrent and last time i installed ZA , i had sooooooooo many problems...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
i heard vista inbuilt firewall is very good.. so i dont have any firewalll... should i have to install one...

but again.. idownload loads from torrent and last time i installed ZA , i had sooooooooo many problems...

its just not a firewall.

just add the torrent client to trusted application, all ports are open for the trusted applications :) I have downloaded a lot from utorrent without any problems.

ZA is a resource hog.

btw if u are having no problems till now then don't install any other security software, if it aint broken then u need not fix it.
Thanks visio!
anytime :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom