is xfx 6800gs worth a buy..no gaming benchmarks in the reviews tat u gave!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
They are a different standard all together.

Theoritically there is a difference and will be felt at one point of time, as of now I am not sure whether there is a practical diff or not.

PCI E is newer and only newer mobos will support it.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yeah what akshayt said is right.
A 7600GT scores even better than 6800GT or Ultra in most benchmarks.
Also 7 series are fully VISTA ready nd gives more eye candys in future games.
U can get a 7600GT 256 for bout 11k or even get a 7600GS for 7k which I might say is better than 6800GS.

gaurav_indian
Its hard to tell as both comes in diff standard platforms like a mobo with PCIE from AMD(939) has dual channel ram whereas an AGP mobo would have only support for single channel 4oomhz ram. So many other things interfear in the perfomance. So choosing a winner is difficult. But PCIE is considered as a winner(by an inch) which might be due to the overall system changes.

Last edited:
7600GS for 6 and a half grands.
7600GT for 11 and a half grands.
Almost double..........but is the performance also double..........NO.
So,i would like to see 7600GT 4 ar. 8K...........that would be the best buy............am waitin 4 that.........or else if the price remains same it'll be not best buy.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
There is a lot of perfm diff b/w 2. GT scored more than 3.2k in 3D Mark 06 but GS managed only 2k. So almost 60% boost.

Geforce

Journeyman
@rahul_becks23

The next time i need the price of 7600GS or 7600GT i'll ask this guy ... *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/image.php?u=2568&dateline=1148802738.jpg ... directly. :)

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Thats pretty strange ... coz i still prefer the 6800GS over the 7600GT for the PCIe ... no matter what the clocks are .. the 7600GT has a bigger performance hit at higher res. with more aa ..

And about bechmarks .. i really want to see how much a 7600GT does in actual life performance ... coz a friend of mine has it ... and his performance is almost on par with mine ..

GT scored more than 3.2k in 3D Mark 06 but GS managed only 2k. So almost 60% boost.

I got around 3.3k's with the 6800GS at default 3DMark06 settings , with CPU at 2.42 GHz and card at 500/1200 ...

Also 7 series are fully VISTA ready nd gives more eye candys in future games.

Even the FX5200 is Vista ready ...

@deathvirus_me-
yeah,u r rite.....but................7600GT is better than 6800XT in real-life LATEST gaming.
i believe u get my point :)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@rahul_becks23
And also GT comes with many goodies like free full games or somethin. Though we (Indians) has no value for those ORIGINALS, the manufacturers adds their price as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom