Is Windows Vista Worth The Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adit_sen

In the zone
I'm currently running Windows XP & Mac OS x86 on my system, and am quite satisfied. I've recently got the Windows Vista Ultimate DVD and want to know if its worth the switch. I've worked on Vista (breifly), and haven't really felt that I was missing out on anything. There was a significant difference between something like Windows 98 and XP. In the same way, is it worth jumping from XP to Vista?

All opinions are welcome..

cheers..

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Frankly except for Aero visually you will not find much of a change.
But what lies underneath is a world apart.
The network customization is awesome. Stability and security is top notch.
The file handling is fantastic.
Dont miss it..Its really worth everything that you can spend..

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
If u like gaming then one day for GoW,crysis,unreal 3 u will have to switch to vista to see them in their full glory otherwise if ur not into gaming then don not switch to vista.I think in future microsoft will totally be dedicated to gaming only as it brings good revenues.

godling

Banned
Not worth it. I used to complain a lot about XP. It was only after trying out
Vista for a couple of months that I realized how awesome XP is.

XP is the best, for anything and everything, whether for serious CPU crunching
gaming or mammoth 3d development.

Nothing comes close.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Definitely u should switch to Vista. I'm using it as my primary OS since a few months and I never faced any problem except a few BUGs. :D

shantanu

Technomancer
Windows Vista is a great OS, it has all the features of windows XP and also the reliability which everyone wants.. so you can switch to Windows Vista anytime.. its definitely worth it...

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
shantanu said:
Windows Vista is a great OS, it has all the features of windows XP and also the reliability which everyone wants.. so you can switch to Windows Vista anytime.. its definitely worth it...

+1

anandk

Distinguished Member
if u r not into gaming, a switch to vista is worth it. filehandling & security (apart from the eyecandy) are what i think, r its plus points.

OP
adit_sen

adit_sen

In the zone
ok guys. after all the posts, i've finally switched to Vista. Looks good so far. And quite stable too (recalling my very first experiences with XP which weren't so good). Now I don't have a decent graphics card, so I don't have the Aero look. Which I'm not much bothered about anyway. But one thing that I don't like is the baby blue color everywhere. Isn't there somehow I can change the theme / looks? Can't I get the same taskbar black everywhere?

@reddick...i didn't quite get what u meant??
Well u r in Australia,so u can opt it.Not here in India

OP
adit_sen

adit_sen

In the zone
Well I did look there, and sad to say most of them are aero based themes. The ones that are for vista basic are quite poorly designed. Guess i'll just have to wait till someone makes a better one...

shantanu

Technomancer
hey ADIT.. you must take a look at the themes made by Vishal there, and hey those all themes are pretty cool.. and sexy ones.. how can you say like that.. my god..

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
XP still got life..
if u go for vista, u will hav to update the softwares too so that they can b made compatible..

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Vista is worth the switch.

It is just myths that make people stay with the earlier version of Windows.

Remember XP is not stable when it was not released. Win98 SE is more secure.

OP
adit_sen

adit_sen

In the zone
shantanu said:
hey ADIT.. you must take a look at the themes made by Vishal there, and hey those all themes are pretty cool.. and sexy ones.. how can you say like that.. my god..

no offence to anyone, but his themes are just a port of the Vista style to windows xp (unless i've overlooked something). I'm looking for a skin for windows vista, which is non-aero based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom