Is this rig over-priced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted_mind

Broken In
Im in thane n am gettin an AMD machine assembled by a friend. Here's the estimate he gave:
amd 3200+ +asus a8n vm csm = 12600
512 mb ddr400 ram = 2100
kobian cabinet = 2500
labour = 1700
Is this overpriced or will i get the same config at lamington road? Thanks in advance guys :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Dont know abt the mob/proccy. But the RAM is definitely overpriced, since here in chennai itself I get a 512 for 1800 rs... check that out... and the cabinet is so costly? is it s premium series ?

OP
T

twisted_mind

Broken In
no idea about the cabinet series but he said that its the best one with 400W smps. I thought i should go for 450W to be future-proof right?

Netjunkie

In the zone
You will not need a SMPS above 400W for that config.
Go for the 450W only if you plan to have a Highend graphics card

The cabinet is definetly overpriced, post the model no if you can.

cyrux

In the zone
The cost of mobo processor is perfectly ok If its a transcend Ram then the cost is fine. Dont have an idea about kobain cabinets ,check with somebody else...but WTF is the labour price ??? Assembling is done for free mate..!!!!

OP
T

twisted_mind

Broken In
I know the labour cost can be avoided. I just need to take a techie friend along with me to lamington road... i was just wondering about the prices of the components he gave me though.
Anyways thanks guys for the insight. I will go for a cheaper cabinet and try buying the stuff myself so i could invest that money in a good display card.
:)

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Wht Cyrux said is right indeed.
No idea abt kobian cabinet..
Never heard of...
If u can change Cabinet n need a cool one then u can go for VIP GAMING CABINETS. [more costlier but best quality then rest of all. sorry no compaision with ANTEC <---- BEST IN ITS CLASS]
or Zebronics cabinet...[ GOOD quality n affordable]
To know more abt this cabinets just google the keyword...
THIS ****ER is taking more labour charge.
ITS too much.
If i was at ur shoes i could have hardly given him 1000 bucks..
Even this is more i feel..

Tech&ME

Banned
ymhatre said:
Wht Cyrux said is right indeed.
No idea abt kobian cabinet..
Never heard of...
If u can change Cabinet n need a cool one then u can go for VIP GAMING CABINETS. [more costlier but best quality then rest of all. sorry no compaision with ANTEC <---- BEST IN ITS CLASS]
or Zebronics cabinet...[ GOOD quality n affordable]
To know more abt this cabinets just google the keyword...
THIS ****ER is taking more labour charge.
ITS too much.
If i was at ur shoes i could have hardly given him 1000 bucks..
Even this is more i feel..

Well why do you people think that every thing in life is so easy. Besides he will give him a LIFE TIME SUPPORT , does that never counts ?

And on the other hand he will waste his time travelling with him to lamington road and then do the assembling and also install software. So, how can you expect him to do everything FREE of charge ?

Ya I however agree that he can charge anything between 1300 to 1500.

[/b]

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
@ TECH & ME
DOES INSTALLING SOFTWARES Comes under Labour...
I dont think so...
Also Fare frm Thane to lamington ( return ) is not more thn 50 bucks by train..
even if he takes a car or other medium it wont cost more than 400 bucks...
PLUS let him have is BREAD BUTTER for abt 500 Rs ..
THT MAkes 900 RS...
n abt installing software we get pirated Cds at 50 bucks...

Even twisted_mind can do tht
Ohh YEs evenif he is giving a licensed Window thn i would agree even giving 2500 bucks will be good offer..

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
cyrux said:
Life time support for 1700 bucks...but that wasnt mnetioned there...
Rightly said by cyrus tht wasnt mentioned too..
Also LIFE TIME support on wht ?????

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
Clearly The cabinet is overpriced, that to with stupid Kobian SMPS.

I think the labour charges are OK. I am assembling a PC for my school friend too. Since I am assembling the PC , my friend will expexct me to solve any problem that will arise in the future (and I am sure that there will be a lot of problems , I am installing Microsoft products). Now I cannot ask for money everytime if I have to format the HDD and install everything. Also what about my time consumed in bringing all the material to her house, putting it together etc. Also in case of ne H/W problem I will have to take the piece to the dealer coz, I have the technical knowledge so, I can explain the problem and negotiate with the dealer. Her mom is asking me to install Typing Tutor, dad needs Tally, sis wants SIMS 2, bro wants CS:CZ, DOOM3 etc. The sis is even asking me for Barbie doll wallpapers!!! Who does all this for free? they are getting a broadband connection too. So, now every member will download whatever he/she wants, click on every POP-UP and install all the softwares available.
That's why I charge Rs. 500 to 750/- in the begining only so that they get the idea that next time they call me they have to pay me, of course for a big problem.

See the case is even worse than fully paid AMC.
So it is better to be clear when it comes to MONEY esp. with relatives.

BTW I am in Thane too, and I give advise for free.
email me i_like_pulsar@yahoo.com

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
HEy ashnik
he mentioned LABOR charges.. not Warranty support...
For labor charges even 1000 bucks r enough...
Also twisted mind didnt mentioned tht his/ her reatives r assembling it.
I know wht u spoked on cuz even i had assembled a pC for my 2 fnds..
I know i have to go to there place whenever they face problems..
AS u said u will have to install DOom n all crap...
PLZ Dont expect any dealer to install such things.
Besides OS n office application n some multimedia he wont do any thing..
But they r learning up with tht now..
Now they r able to format HDD install os... etc
They r now aware of POOPUPs too..
Even i think twisted mind will be aware of such necessities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom