Is This Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Guys, I recently used DDR3 RAM 1333MHz on my 780i mobo to run some benchmarks. Funny thing is I lately learnt that 780i supports MAX 1200MHZ DDR2. Then how come the DDR3 was running.

I'm pretty much confused!!!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Guys, I recently used DDR3 RAM 1333MHz on my 780i mobo to run some benchmarks. Funny thing is I lately learnt that 780i supports MAX 1200MHZ DDR2. Then how come the DDR3 was running.

I'm pretty much confused!!!
RAM's frequency after 1066 is said to be as DDR III(Correct me if i m wrong) and if this is the case, yes it works like my DDR400MHz RAM ran on Mercury mobo which supports only 333MHz RAM.. This may be called as Compatibility and BIOS automatically detect the 1333MHz as 1200MHz...
So no wonder in that happen?

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Yeah, cause some guys are pawning me cause I wrote I used a 1333MHz ddr3 RAM on the 780i which supports ddr2 1200mhz.

So you mean to say, the speed of the RAM comes down to 1200MHz to accommodate the max speed supported by the motherboard right.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Yeah, cause some guys are pawning me cause I wrote I used a 1333MHz ddr3 RAM on the 780i which supports ddr2 1200mhz.

So you mean to say, the speed of the RAM comes down to 1200MHz to accommodate the max speed supported by the motherboard right.
Yeah... right... this is same what happens to me when i insert the 400MHz RAM into my Mobo which supports mem upto 333MHz RAM... It worked and in 333MHz speed.. This is what happens in ur case too.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom