Is this Nokia 5800 DEAL a good one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Hi Digitians,

Planning to buy a new phone. My priorities are phone calls, battery back up, Music and may be web browsing and I've no plans to change the phone for next 2 years . I have planned to go for Nokia 5800 Xpress Music and I'm getting it for 13.3K and I'm exchanging my Nokia 6233 (with the swollen battery and working charger)for 2K. ie, Finally I am paying 11.3k for the phone..

Above all there is a Sennheiser Headphone worth 2k free this month. And I believe there are lots of good 3rd party applications available for this phone. I guess this looks a good deal....

What is your take on the same? Is there any other phone I need to check out? Corby Pro fits in the same range but seems Nokia got a better display and music..

Anykind of feedback welcome here...

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
go for it if you like but keep in mind that senn pmx60 that is free with the phone costs 2k , but isn't *that* great.

you may as well get 5230 , but you'll lose wi-fi . but you can save some good money

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
go for it if you like but keep in mind that senn pmx60 that is free with the phone costs 2k , but isn't *that* great.

you may as well get 5230 , but you'll lose wi-fi . but you can save some good money

I did check that model too and I can get the same for Rs 8650 - 2k for the phone which gives 6650. I need to know other details. Yes Wi-fi isnt that big in my priority list.

1)What would be the price for 8GB memory since the model isnt shipped with memory?

2) I believe all software for 5800 is compatible with 5230.. right?

3) what about the music quality of the phone.. same as that of 5800?

4) And any good earphone to suggest?

Thanks a lottt in advance

saurabhpatel

Journeyman
1) 8GB memory for 850-1000
2) Yes
3)Don't Know
4)Buy 5320 and get these with the money you save *www.consumer.philips.com/c/cell-phone-accessories/shh9700_97/prd/in/

Tamoghno

Padawan
^^ agreed .

if 5230 really share its hardware with 5800 , then sound quality should be same. but i haven't personally checked so can say surely

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Guys bought 5800 finally, counting on wi-fi too since I can make use of it in my office.
Now this is what I should go for next..*noknok.tv/2010/01/14/nokia-5800-firmware-update-version-v40-0-005/

Thanks guys for the feedback

james347

Broken In
Nokia 5800XM is good one but if the camera was more than 3.2MP (may be 5MP) than it would be a better choice.

If your choice does not mainly depends on camera quality than 5800 is good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom