Is this good for budget pc???

Status
Not open for further replies.

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
Friends and Mods,

Need help with my next pc....

I am a student and want a budget pc for me. Strict budget.

AMD x2 4200+
ASUS M2A VM 3200
1 GB DDR 2 667FSB
160 Hard disk Segate
Local Cabinet

Is this configration good enough for about 10,000 without monitor and keyboard/mouse? Any suggestion for the motherboard or it would be a good one?
Also, if I put a 250 GB HDD, and fill it with 200 gb of movies, would it slow the system down????

chicha

High without substance...
the above config is good enough for daily use.

and i think it should not make any diff in the performance of this pc as long as you have atleast 10GB free space in drive C.

please correct me if i am wrong.

Friends and Mods,

Need help with my next pc....

I am a student and want a budget pc for me. Strict budget.

AMD x2 4200+
ASUS M2A VM 3200
1 GB DDR 2 667FSB
160 Hard disk Segate
Local Cabinet

Is this configration good enough for about 10,000 without monitor and keyboard/mouse? Any suggestion for the motherboard or it would be a good one?
Also, if I put a 250 GB HDD, and fill it with 200 gb of movies, would it slow the system down????
quite a clever choice for a system. Its almost perfect. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/77.gif

OP
N

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
Oh... thanks..:)

I am a first time user for an AMD system. Otherwise I have used 386s, 486s, P1, Celeron, and P4 all at differnet time. But never an AMD...

Do you think this system would work for lower end of gaming? I am not into latest games, but some favourites like NFS MW and GTA Vice city and San Andreas.
Do you think this system would suffice for that?

Oh... thanks..:)

I am a first time user for an AMD system. Otherwise I have used 386s, 486s, P1, Celeron, and P4 all at differnet time. But never an AMD...

Do you think this system would work for lower end of gaming? I am not into latest games, but some favourites like NFS MW and GTA Vice city and San Andreas.
Do you think this system would suffice for that?
AMD is excellent for Budget PCs. And remember, Student PCs have the following needs:
  1. Surf the Net
  2. Print stuff
  3. Install various software and have fun
  4. Install Pirated Games from friends with *cr@ck*
  5. Watch DVD Movies, and Hoard Songs/Videos(all pirated)
Your system can do all.

That Motherboard you chose has one small issue: If you run a non-windows OS, you will get screwed, thanks to bad driver support.

You can definitely play games like GTA San Andreas, Vice City, NFS Most Wanted, Call of Duty, Doom 3(@low settings), Unreal Tournament(upto 2004), FIFA 08, etc if you go easy on the resolution(make it 1024*768) and settings. For gaming the way you plan to(and I already do), your system is perfect.

Again for gaming, you might want to concider paying Rs. 500(maximum) extra and buying 800MHz ram instead of 667MHz ram.

But you might want to concider going for an 8600GT if you want to play the latest games(but low resolutions). If you wait for a few weeks, you can comfortably buy the ATI Radeon HD3450 card for ~6k. It supports DirectX 10.1.

And if you want an energy saving system, which can better overclock, concider going for the Brisbane core processors which cost the same as 4200+, but operate at lower voltages and heat.

This configuration can comfortably run Vista with Aero.

And to sum it up, its noway a weak PC, and can do all tasks you intend to do with it.

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
Buddy !!! Just a small thought !
low down your processor to 4000+ instead of 4200+
as 4200+ still uses older 90nm fabrication it will consume more power under load and will run hotter. Look for 4000+ OR the go for the 4400+ if you can afford

For motherboard youve selected a perfect one. But you can also go for M2N VM mobo which is based on nvidia 7050 chipset and will be better than 690g in terms of graphics load offloading.

M2N VM dvi should not cost you more than 3200+tax

Last edited:
as 4200+ still uses older 90nm fabrication it will consume more power under load and will run hotter. Look for 4000+ OR the go for the 4400+ if you can afford

For motherboard youve selected a perfect one. But you can also go for M2N VM mobo which is based on nvidia 7050 chipset and will be better than 690g in terms of graphics load offloading.
or you can go for the amd x2 be 4000+ brisbane core. I recomend it.

luk @ tis provy:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350
Specs: 2.1GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 1GHz FSB, 65nm, Enhanced 3D Now!, NXBit, AMD64, Cool’n'Quiet
Price: Rs.4,400

Last edited:

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
I dont really see need for BE processors for normal home user as they are astronomically priced as far as budget processors are concerned.

65 Watts energy efficient model of X2 4000+ Brisbane is available around 2500Rs..so paying almost 2000 extra just for the sake of a 35 or 45 watt procy is not justifies.

ut yes if you intend to use it as a 24X7 download rig,then this investment makes sense

OP
N

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder

M2N VM dvi should not cost you more than 3200+tax

Hey, thanks for the suggestion...
I lucklily got late in the purchase of the pc, and you replied...
What would the price difference between the motherboards?
I am not planning to buy ANY graphics card, as I can do with somewhat old games, and on a fixed limited budget....so can afford only onboard graphics, no graphics card. And does the asus board support 800 mhz ram?

Thanks for the suggestions....Keep them coming..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom