Is there a chance to get my N8 back ???

gameranand

Living to Play
I lost my mobile. Well actually it was stolen from my house and so I filed a FIR for stolen property and they said that they will investigate but we all know that is full of BS. So is there a way to get it back ??? I have the lock code on it means that it will be locked if a new SIM is inserted in it. But hey lets be practical that the security of that can be broken by any Mobilewala but I do know that the mobile can be tracked through the IMEI code. I want to know the procedure to do that and from where I can do that. Also do mention any additional details that I should know about this. I would be grateful to you guys.
Thanks in advance.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
:sad: Sorry to say, but as far as I know, there's no way to track your lost N8. Consider it gone forever. Though IMEI Number gives the possibility to track lost or stolen mobile devices, our government and the authorities also have capabilities to do it, but they simply don't. Also, you can't do it on your own.

d3p

PowerHouse
Did you tried contacting Nokia Helpline after filing a FIR ??

Was your f-Secure enabled in the device ??

IMEI could be tracked theoretically. If you have any friend in Idea, Airtel etc they may try for respective operator. However, there is no standard process. And I think they can track it only in their circle. But there are so many operators that its very difficult without official channel.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
yes f secure was enable but if someone changes the sim card the mobile will be locked automatically and if the security code can be broken so could be the f secure. I am asking my friends who have deep contact in police department to provide me proper procedure.

suyash24seven

Journeyman
hi, very sorry to hear about your phone :(
yes, i have seen people actually getting back their phones through IMEI codes, but i have also seen otherwise. the procedure is to get a FIR registered and request the authorities to put the IMEI code on surveillance. to be honest, i'm pretty sure having a "source" helps. by source i mean somebody in the police department who u know well who can take personal interest in this case.

all the best. hope you find it :)

reddick

Mobile Freak
I have got a mail tht says tht if u send an e-mail to cop@vsnl.net with ur phone details then u'l get a reply with ur lost phone details. So send d mail with details tht r ur Name,Phone Model No. n IMEI , Missing date n last dailed n recieved call. May b it helps you... Best of Luck :)

Top Bottom