Is Samsung Galaxy Note 20 for 55k worth?

monkey

Padawan
I am looking for new mobile and need in deciding it. Please help.

1. Budget?: Around 40k-50k
2. Display type and size? 6'-6.5"
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? Samsung/Asus/Any non-Chinese brand
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Need all.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). Dual 4G is must
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Multimedia, camera and internet. Minimal gaming.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Samsung Note 20
10. Any other info that you want to share: The phone should support Airtel WiFi-calling. I have Asus 6z which is perfect in nearly all aspects but it does not support Airtel WiFi-calling due to which I face a lot of problem. Also I prefer phone with atleast 256GB if its storage is non-expandable.

bubusam13

Human
I too have the same question. I always wanted to own a Note, maybe because of the S-Pen. But leaving S-pen aside, which one should be a good buy, Note20, note10 lite, S20, or iPhone 11.

S20 FE 5G as it has Snapdragon 865, not Exynos which runs hot, provides a bit lower battery life & performance

S pen seems good initially but you lose the interest to use it pretty quickly in a few weeks. A friend of mine jumped from S9+ to Note 20 ultra, my recommendation was S20+ last year. After a month, he did confess that Note 20 ultra doesn't seem like a very big upgrade over S9+ considering the money he spent.

Android vs iOS is a subjective issue to some extent. I will any day say android is overall superior, but your view might vary. So first decide on OS then look at the phone. The iPhone 11 is a decent iPhone.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
S20 FE 5G as it has Snapdragon 865, not Exynos which runs hot, provides a bit lower battery life & performance

S pen seems good initially but you lose the interest to use it pretty quickly in a few weeks. A friend of mine jumped from S9+ to Note 20 ultra, my recommendation was S20+ last year. After a month, he did confess that Note 20 ultra doesn't seem like a very big upgrade over S9+ considering the money he spent.

Android vs iOS is a subjective issue to some extent. I will any day say android is overall superior, but your view might vary. So first decide on OS then look at the phone. The iPhone 11 is a decent iPhone.
S20 FE 5G has 128GB storage while I am looking for 256GB varient which is not available. Also there is speculation of S21 FE launching next month which will give another option.
I also had Galaxy A72 in mind but SD 720G chipset and 128GB storage limit has put me off.
Apple is not on my mind (I don't find it worth the amount) so its gonna be Android only.

Just Asking: How would Asus ROG 5 be as compared to Note 20 or S20 FE? I know its a gaming phone but it seems to have nice specs for its price (and its not compulsory to game on this phone).

Last edited:
S20 FE 5G has 128GB storage while I am looking for 256GB varient which is not available. Also there is speculation of S21 FE launching next month which will give another option.
I also had Galaxy A72 in mind but SD 720G chipset and 128GB storage limit has put me off.
Apple is not on my mind (I don't find it worth the amount) so its gonna be Android only.

Just Asking: How would Asus ROG 5 be as compared to Note 20 or S20 FE? I know its a gaming phone but it seems to have nice specs for its price (and its not compulsory to game on this phone).
ROG 5 is bulky & too flashy looking IMO, even for a standard 2021 phone size.

S21 FE might be worth waiting for. See if it again gets the Exynos & SD versions or just SD version. Anyways, even if it gets just Exynos version, you can always opt for S20 FE 5G at that time. If you are willing to wait, just wait. If 2nd SIM isn't required, you can just add SD card for more storage.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Please don't go for any gaming phone.

bubusam13

Human
As of me, I am still using S8, I believe no other new models have Samsung Pay with MST, headphone jack, and the built in heart rate/O2 sensor which came so handy during Covid.
It's camera stand out till date, the only reason I want to move to a S series phone. Wandering when will Xperia be available.

Thank you all for your valuable inputs.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Gaming phones are kinda thicc, and usually their software support isnt as good as flagship regular phones, i.e. with android updates and all.
Also, Camera should be better on regular phones. If gaming is a requirement, and you are okay with purchasing apps instead of piracy, then iPhone, even an older one is gonna trump any android in the last few years. If not, get a regular flagship.

IMO if you can wait for next exynos, its gonna be killer.

Gaming phones are kinda thicc, and usually their software support isnt as good as flagship regular phones, i.e. with android updates and all.
Also, Camera should be better on regular phones. If gaming is a requirement, and you are okay with purchasing apps instead of piracy, then iPhone, even an older one is gonna trump any android in the last few years. If not, get a regular flagship.

IMO if you can wait for next exynos, its gonna be killer.
Next Exynos with AMD GPU is coming to only very few markets, most will get Snapdragon 898, so likely India will get S898 as well. Apparently, not so easy to make that new Exynos.

Top Bottom