Is PS2 a good decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guarav_rulez

Right off the assembly line
I was planning to buy a gaming console. When will PS3 and Xboc 360 be launched. Is buying a PS2 a good decision..Please help me out..
If possible please also tell me its price.

pakkasir

Broken In
hey, gaurav_rulez please state if you intend to buy only original consoles from authorised shops or not. If so, then go for PS2 as XBOX 360 will not be available even in th ecoming year. ( I think even XBOX is not officially available ). Forget PS3. The cost of PS2 is 14,500 at the Sony World.
Now, if grey market shopping is what you are asking for, then PS2 is for Rs. 7,800 ( the SCPH 7004 slimline model ) and Rs. 6000 ( For the older PS2 version ) . XBOX can be purchased for around Rs. 9000.
Now, if you are not a very serious gamer, then PS2 with the modded chip is the way to go. The huge no. of game titles, easily available peripherals ( a secondary Dual Shock controller costs only Rs. 500 and the memory stick is for Rs. 700 ) However, the graphics engine of XBOX beats the PS2 without doubt. So, you decide....
XBOX 360 is a distant dream even for the grey market buyers. So, unless you have a close relative in the US, simply don't consider it.

d00by

Broken In
pakkasir said:
Now, if you are not a very serious gamer, then PS2 with the modded chip is the way to go.

Err.. I did not understand this comment!

If one is a seriosu gamer, are you suggesting that PS2 is not for them?

Can you explain the statement? :) :roll:

Chip

there's some prob with backward compatibility though.it does not run some games properly of ps1.n if the dvd of ne ps2 game is scrached ur d00-doo

OP
G

guarav_rulez

Modded ps2

hey pakkasir
Is there any problem in ps2 with modded chips. Is yes wat are the problems. Are the graphics bad in those. And if these ps2 are reliable

pakkasir

Broken In
My apologies..... Let me explain.
The graphics engine of XBOX is superior to that in the PS2. There are gaming freaks who will do anything to increase their fps on their PC and they'll count the sweat drops on the ememy's face and the ripples on the water surface during gameplay.
However, there are not many game titles for XBOX which can fully utilize its potential. Also, if you compare any game which is available for both PS2 and XBOX like GTA San Andreas, Burnout etc. then the loading time for XBOX is significantly lesser than in the PS2 due to the presene of Hard disk.

Gaurav_rulez, I would recommend PS2 slim with the modded chip for you. Firstly, there's no problem with the mod ( No graphics glitch ) There's an additional chip soldered to the PS2 circuitary to bypass the encrypted games and DVD passkey. Thus, all pirated games and DVDs from any region play smoothly.
Apart from this, do keep in mind that a few grey market PS2s are also capable of playing MP3s, VCDs. Do carry MP3s, VCDs to check.

And, just for the info any other console buyer, XBOX 360 is available in (grey market) Gaffar Market, Delhi for Rs. 26000. It will take around 5-6 months to stabilize to a steady price.

pakkasir

Broken In
I'll say you head to Palika Bazaar. You'll find PS 2 running on almost all TV sets there. The price mentioned in my earlier posts are just a week old.
Gaffar Market is a destination for those who are very experienced in the art of bargaining and really know how to talk smart. But if you wish to get your hands on XBOX 360, or the video ipod ( just for the thrill ) then one doesn't have any other choice besides Gaffar.

paul_007

Padawan
go to palika 4 best deal

PS2 is Rs 7000 slim version (found it on 3 jan 2006)

DVD games 4 PS2 Rs 100 only per game

cryptid

Journeyman
i would ask u to wait for a PS3 it will cost around 400$ when it is released,,, listen to me kyun ki sabr ka phal meta hota hai

gaurav4gurls

Broken In
Ps2 V/s Ps3

Hey cryptid
You asking to wait for PS3. But maan even if PS3 will be launched, there wouldnt be much games and that to pirated. Also the PS3 would be supporting the BluRay. So getting pirated games would be a big problem. And i think to be able to play pirated games on PS3 we might as well require a mod chip.

Also the original games would be highly priced. So i think PS2 is a better option

coolendra

Neil is Here...
Hey even i wanna buy 1

how much wud it cost in palika for the (console+extra controller+memory card)

flat rate in palika ????

coz i heard u can do an ample lot of bargaining ther !!!

wat say guys ????

if u cant wait atall for PS3 then go for PS2 slim version. buy it at lowest price possible. coz. PS3 will take atleast take like 3 years to reach india. but u can get it in grey market within 1 year of its release. so u decide u want to wait or just buy PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom