Is PENTIUM MORE STABLE THAN ATHLON>>>..

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Does this kind of means AMD and INTEL are changing their seats...Intel was supposed to run a lot coller than AMD and Now we have AMD cooling down and INTEL Flaming up...
Errrr Did i miss any relation ....!!!!

oldmonk

Broken In
Processor - Intel -P4 3E GHz
Motherboard - ASUS -P4C 800 Deluxe
RAM - Kingston PC 3200 -KVR400X64C3A/512
HDD - Western Digital -Caviar 160 GB
Cabinet - Antec -Performance plus 1080AMG
K/b,Mouse - Microsoft -
Samsung -SyncMaster 1100 P+ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wow

but if you dont have that musch moolah, then AMD will get you much much closer to that for much much less than that!!!!!!

plasmafire

Journeyman
ha ha AMD 64 fx beatz down ur config handz down...letz play a bit'o farcry...u'll cry n i'll laff....i gotta AMD 64FX+GF FX 5700 ultra+1gb pc3100 ram

but the real diff is me=1/2 ur cost

Naga

Broken In
oldmonk said:
Processor - Intel -P4 3E GHz
Motherboard - ASUS -P4C 800 Deluxe
RAM - Kingston PC 3200 -KVR400X64C3A/512
HDD - Western Digital -Caviar 160 GB
Cabinet - Antec -Performance plus 1080AMG
K/b,Mouse - Microsoft -
Samsung -SyncMaster 1100 P+ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wow

but if you dont have that musch moolah, then AMD will get you much much closer to that for much much less than that!!!!!!
I think the correct expression would be "amd will get u much further for less." The FX53 stomps anything that Intel can throw at it into the mud. Don't take my word for it. Check out any comparison carried out by independent tech reviewers (not the ones commisioned by Intel, though!).

rkarthea

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys,
I've gott anew comp and my conf is asd follows:

AMD Sempron 2500+ (palermo core) @ 1.41 Ghz

ASRock K8NF4-SATA2 (nForce4 410 chipset, the newer nForce4)
I swear by this motherboard for its performance,
its got 2 SATA II slots, 1 PCI e x16, 4 USB 2.0 slots + 4 headers, and now comes the greatest part - GeForce 6100 Onboard graphics (which is the integrated version of the GeForce 6200) with Pixel shader 3.0 and true directx 9.0c support. The only concern is the 754 socket support, but if u're not gonna change the processor for some time from now, that wouldn't matter.
And all this for just around Rs.5k is a kill.

The Sempron even has all these instruction sets supprted: x86, x86-64, SSE, SSE2, SSE3.

Above 1 Ghz any processor would do but you will see the difference only while running raw processing power requiring apps such as watching a HD video or say compressing a huge file or playing a very Mhz intensive game.
But for most apps my pro would do.
And nvidia ae renowned for their quality and this is proved by my mobo with really goes as they say - "Graphics to Drench your senses".

Kniwor

Learner
freshseasons said:
Is it Really True Athlon are not as Stable as Pentium the very reason 99 % of Worlds Servers run on Pentium.....

I am tired of this PROCESSOR STABILITY thing...

WHAT THE HELL DO U MEAN BY PROCESSOR STABILITY...

will someone tell me..

and as i understand it.... AMD is more stable..
Overclock both INTEL and AMD (take any comparable procs)
AMD will overclock better... what does this suggest.. AMD is stable at higher speeds than it is meant to be.. Hence it is more stable...

Kniwor

Learner
freshseasons said:
Does this kind of means AMD and INTEL are changing their seats...Intel was supposed to run a lot coller than AMD and Now we have AMD cooling down and INTEL Flaming up...
Errrr Did i miss any relation ....!!!!
wow another grat post... return to this era boy..
AMD had temp problems.. that was back in 99-1000...
this is 2005 and AMD is cooler than INTEL..
AMD dual cores produce less heat than the INTEL single core procs... I am dead sure on this one coz i have seen the stats somewhere..
I wanted to show u the link but just cant find it right away...

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
IMHO right now, the best VFM combo is the Athlon 64 3000+ with a 6150 based Winfast 8ekrs(not really sure of the model no.). Intel may have made gr8 proccys once but now Intel proccys suck SUCK!!!!!!!!! @#@$##@ Id rather go for one of those VIA thingys than an Intel.

arcticflare

Journeyman
Check out these figures and deciede
Code:
*reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/processorsmemory/0,39024015,39233885,00.htm

S

SignificantMind

Amd owns if you don't believe me check this out then. *reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-1.html

h_kunte

Journeyman
Common guys....Why the hullaballloo all over gain? Its for sure now that AMD proccys beat the sh*t out of Intel....

Intel no longer enjoys the market monopoly that it once had, for AMD is breathing heavily down its back....Increased performance, Lesser Heating problems, 64-bit technology, & dual core processors, make AMD an absolute winner....

Intel has some serious catching up to do!!!

HK

Kniwor

Learner
Actually.... intel has release 65nm chips and there is a bit of talk about that...

AMD is not yet up with that... but for un in india and around the world right now... AMD is clearly the way to go..
who knows when AMD will come with 65nm chips... surely it seems that INTEL is ready for a fight after loosing for quite some time one after another....battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom