Is PENTIUM MORE STABLE THAN ATHLON>>>..

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Ok....Having recently had a good blunder with Athlon i have decided to open up the option of Intel World....and like my Nforce 3 mistake i want to be perfect this time .....( Ofcourse with u guys help )...
Straight from heart....should i junk my Athlon 2600 Xp+ Barton Processor and Get P 4 2.8 Up Series Processor....Will its make my system more stable..
Having no price barrier ( not me you...i got all the price barrier in world :) )can u guys please tell me which processor would you pick of the too.. An Athlon or Pentium....Hmmmm lets say a make believe world ...where Intel and Athlon are priced Equally...
Is it Really True Athlon are not as Stable as Pentium the very reason 99 % of Worlds Servers run on Pentium.....

BONZI

Journeyman
should i junk my Athlon 2600 Xp+ Barton Processor and Get P 4 2.8 Up Series Processor.

My opinion is that you should'nt do that. These numbers are just theoritical. There wont be much difference in the (real world) performance. Some may say that you will get 2 frames faster when you play quake or something else but surely its not worth it.

hafees

In the zone
I think bonzi is right. if u ve money to spent go for a 64 bit processor.
how much is your RAM? get a 512 MB RAM. If you want to play games go for a Geforce FX 5700 Card (cards are availabe around 7000) or 5200 (around 3500 onwards). i think this is better if u have limited budjet.

Hi bonzi bhai(hope i m right) u r from kerala!!!!! hi malayalee!! from TVM :)

demoninside

In the zone
It`s not up to processor for up to stablity in 95% of times it depends on condition and on user but for u i would rather suggest u amd 64 bit
with a cool graphic card if u can afford.

anoop

Broken In
hey man i think if u got money go for a 64 bit amd processor and try to get a radeon XT agp card and enough RAM. ur system rocks!!

walking-techie

Journeyman
2 options

1) if u satisfied with performance with ur amd machine, i suggest upgrade tp 64-bit edition with enough ram and a good graphix card

2) Wait till Intell unleashes their new processors range, or go for the p4-2.8ghz+ range

my system is p4-2.8 ghz with HT and 512 mb ddr and geforce fx 5200

I am able to mplay most of the games comfortably and the system is very stable

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Welll....i have got a good graphic card... Geforce FX 5700LE ...hmmm i know LE is a striped down version but then i am overclocking it like hell albeit a bit stable due to a full processor heatsink i modded on the Cip and yes...the thin windows railing cut to size made good Ram heat Sinks...
Not pretty smart but thats all this down offers me....not stock ram heat sinks available here....!!!!! I right now got Athlon ...2600 XP
And i can game ...any way it seems intel lost the lead in being named as the stable processor since Amd easily caught up to it...

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
:lol: Ok OLDMONK i will get rid of Windows and get Linux and have GREAT STABILITY....
And then what do i do with that stability....no AUTOCAD....no ..mobile synchronisation....nothing....But u think Stability will keep me happy...instead of softwares...i Think even a shutdown PC is more Stable...he he :p
Peace

gokulak_kannan

Right off the assembly line
Yup u r correct AMD is just meant for price vs performance ratio only ... not for serious users... i recently assembled my PC chk the config u might find useful
===========================
Budget

Processor - Intel -P4 3E GHz
Motherboard - ASUS -P4C 800 Deluxe
RAM - Kingston PC 3200 -KVR400X64C3A/512
HDD - Western Digital -Caviar 160 GB
Cabinet - Antec -Performance plus 1080AMG
K/b,Mouse - Microsoft -
Samsung -SyncMaster 1100 P+ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
with best regards,
kannan

parimal

Journeyman
AMD rulzzzz.....dude you have the best core of AthlonXP.....the Barton one....if u're looking for Pentium, you'll get the Prescott core which is just bullshit....overheats like anything. Pentium really is not good option if you own Barton...!! 8)

demoninside

In the zone
Ya, But for ur info linux have added Mobile Synco.
and there is one CAD(Computer addied design) tool is also there
keeep ur self update m8.
so linux is for the betterment,
not for the S******.

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
gokulak_kannan said:
Yup u r correct AMD is just meant for price vs performance ratio only ... not for serious users... i recently assembled my PC chk the config u might find useful
===========================
Budget

Processor - Intel -P4 3E GHz
Motherboard - ASUS -P4C 800 Deluxe
RAM - Kingston PC 3200 -KVR400X64C3A/512
HDD - Western Digital -Caviar 160 GB
Cabinet - Antec -Performance plus 1080AMG
K/b,Mouse - Microsoft -
Samsung -SyncMaster 1100 P+ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
with best regards,
kannan

Sez who.
Its not just due to the price/performance factor.
Ofcourse It does count .
Just forget the price factor.
Even if similar cpus from Intel n Amd are priced same.
Ill always opt for Amd.
AMD rules n Intel is nowhere near.
N im sure all the powerusers n overclockers on the forum ll swear by that.

prathapml

Broken In
parimal said:
AMD rulzzzz.....dude you have the best core of AthlonXP.....the Barton one....if u're looking for Pentium, you'll get the Prescott core which is just ****....overheats like anything. Pentium really is not good option if you own Barton...!! 8)
The Barton itself is very good. Then imagine how the next generation core (Sempron) will be. Sempron will be released in 2-3 months. It far cooler in operation than the over-heating prescott.

AMD rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom