Is old Nexus 7 worth it?

Innocent Lies

Broken In
I'm getting the old Nexus 7 for like 10K. Is it worth it at that price?

I really like the new Nexus 7 but it's more than double the price!

One more question: I realise that I will have to root it to use the 3G dongle but can I switch back to Plain android? Will rooting void the warranty?

Also can I transfer data (music/movies) using my external hard drive or a pen drive without rooting?

Thanks!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
u can refer this thread about the worthiness of N7 (2012)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-t...oting-dual-booting-ubuntu-touch-10-steps.html

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I'm getting the old Nexus 7 for like 10K. Is it worth it at that price?

I really like the new Nexus 7 but it's more than double the price!

One more question: I realise that I will have to root it to use the 3G dongle but can I switch back to Plain android? Will rooting void the warranty?

Also can I transfer data (music/movies) using my external hard drive or a pen drive without rooting?

Thanks!

It is worth it for sure. A true VFM product. You can unroot your N7 anytime. But trust me you won't want to go back. :p
Rooting voids warranty for other Android device. But for Nexus it ain't same. Its a tab for developers. And no device have been denied RMA on the basis of it being rooted. (Not as per my experience). Also since you can unroot, I think it doesn't matter anyway.

Without rooting you can use Nexus Media Importer (a paid app) to transfer *some* content. But you can transfer anything from your eHDD / Pen drive using an OTG cable after rooting. The process is described in the thread Zangetsu linked.

Top Bottom