Is Note 10 Lite worth considering?

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Hi,

Planning to buy a mobile phone under corporate program. I am currently using s9+.

1. Budget? Upto 35K
2. Display type and size? No preference
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? Samsung ( only Samsung is available under corporate program)
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? BIC
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). Android
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Internet, Office
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Note 10 Lite,
10. Any other info that you want to share.
I am currently using s9+. I want to explore the additional functionality offered by note (not sure if note10lite offers similar). Ihave to buy it from company portal, and the prices are higher compared to open market. I can also go for m21 and use it as secondary phone if no good option in 30-35k.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
You can definitely consider Note 10 Lite if Samsung is the only option. You get bigger display (although with lower ppi), same processor, S-Pen function (though not as robust as that on main Note series), bigger batter, faster charging, probably better selfie camera when compared to your S9+. Rear camera quality may not be as good as that on S9+. This will also get Android updates as it is comparatively newer.

Is there an option to get something more expensive & pay the difference? Will you own it or the company?

Note10 lite isn't worth it. When it was released, people complained about battery drain, heating while gaming (beyond normal) & random stutters in UI. So S10 lite got all the recommendations at launch.

For now, try to get S20 FE 4G. It was 37k once, a good phone, just don't play heavy games.

If the purchase portal doesn't have good prices, maybe just get Note10 lite & hope Samsung at least solved stutters via software update. Look for some updated reviews.

Only other Samsung phone near that price is A52 4G. It's a decent phone except for a weak SoC for the price, should have been at least 750G at that price.

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Hi,
Yes.. company's limit is 25k, I can buy by paying the difference.
Attaching the available options. All are priced on higher side. If note10lite has inferior camera compared to s9+ and also limited stylus functionality, it becomes less convincing.
Please help, have to close today.

Attachments

• 20210416_110550.jpg
    20210416_110550.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 20210416_110649.jpg
    20210416_110649.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 20210416_110631.jpg
    20210416_110631.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 116
Hi,
Attaching the available options. All are priced on higher side. If note10lite has inferior camera compared to s9+ and also limited stylus functionality, it becomes less convincing.
If you have Indian S9+, camera quality should be similar because of similar camera & SoC. Won't be an upgrade & you get an inferior build. The difference is s pen, android 10 +2/3 OS updates & an ultrawide cam. Considering your limitations, you can go ahead with Note10 lite.

Again, try to find updated reviews for it.

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply. No other models in the attached lists making sense? What about s20fe at 42k?
Because of the fact that I will have to pay entire amount (reimbursement would be taken back) if I leave the company in 6 months time frame (that is probable), I am trying not to increase the budget, especially when all the models are priced higher. How about m31s?

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
So.. planning to go with a52. Sounds good? Comes with android 11 and UI3. Note 10 lite seems obsolete. S20fe also looking good.

Thanks for the reply. No other models in the attached lists making sense? What about s20fe at 42k?
Because of the fact that I will have to pay entire amount (reimbursement would be taken back) if I leave the company in 6 months time frame (that is probable), I am trying not to increase the budget, especially when all the models are priced higher. How about m31s?
Get M51 instead, worth the extra money.

So.. planning to go with a52. Sounds good? Comes with android 11 and UI3. Note 10 lite seems obsolete. S20fe also looking good.
As I said earlier, SoC is the biggest con for A52, otherwise its a better package than previous A series. Also Samsung promised 3 OS updates, so should get android 14 in future.

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
As I said earlier, SoC is the biggest con for A52, otherwise its a better package than previous A series. Also Samsung promised 3 OS updates, so should get android 14 in future.
Thanks. Eliminated s20Fe from the list because of various complaints (exynos) online. Struggling to decide on note 10 lite and a52/m51.

imcj

Broken In
Hi,

Planning to buy a mobile phone under corporate program. I am currently using s9+.

1. Budget? Upto 35K
2. Display type and size? No preference
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? Samsung ( only Samsung is available under corporate program)
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? BIC
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). Android
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Internet, Office
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Note 10 Lite,
10. Any other info that you want to share.
I am currently using s9+. I want to explore the additional functionality offered by note (not sure if note10lite offers similar). Ihave to buy it from company portal, and the prices are higher compared to open market. I can also go for m21 and use it as secondary phone if no good option in 30-35k.
Note 10 lite is not worth it at all. Only if you need a stylus with phone rest all is better with all other brands. If you just want to buy samsung, brand has a lot of better phones at cheaper price points also.

imcj

Broken In
Hi,
Consider buying F62 if you don't need a stylus. It is the latest offering from samsung running android 11, has a better battery and processor is same. It is within 25k so you won't have to spend anything from you pocket. It is a better long term investment than Note 10 Lite.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If your s9 plus is working fine, there is no use in buying a52 or s20fe 4g or s10 lite etc. Note may atleast give something different with S-Pen. Better stick to s9 plus if note 10 lite is dropped.

Consider buying F62 if you don't need a stylus. It is the latest offering from samsung running android 11, has a better battery and processor is same. It is within 25k so you won't have to spend anything from you pocket. It is a better long term investment than Note 10 Lite.
I have personally compared F62 & M51, have both phones with different relatives & compared them side by side. M51 has better battery life & a bit better camera. Unless you care about 1 extra OS update, M51 is better IMO.

Top Bottom