is my graphics card damaged???

mooon

Broken In
hello everyone!

i have the Geforce 9500GT graphics card. few days back i started having problems while playing games....sometimes, while playing, my pc reboots itself. And now i cant start my pc with my graphic card installed. it gets stuck in the windows logo!!! Drivers are up-to-date. Is my card damaged???

thanks in advance!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Feels more like a RAM problem. Refit them properly. Also check Ram and hard disk for any bad sectors.
For RAM get this=
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
and do a chkdsk in command promt
also be sure to get all the latest drivers available.

paulnixon

Right off the assembly line
keep your computer system cooler. Start by cleaning out your computer, removing all dust with a dry paper towel.If you want to tempt fate or are really in need to use the graphics card as it is now, then point a fan towards your computer tower.

OP
M

mooon

Broken In
Its either your card or your PSU. Borrow a PSU from somewhere and check if the card is alive. Or, take your card to somewhere and check if its working there fine.

the PSU, I m using, is the one that came along with the cabinet. How can i know whether its the card or the PSU??

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
By putting in a good PSU in your system. If that PSU is the one that came with the cabinet, I am pretty sure it is acting up. These typically don't last too long.

Top Bottom