Is it worth spending 14k @ Lenovo Ideaphone S920 (Flipkart Exchange Offer) ?

devx

Back on TDF :)
1. Budget? 15k
2. Display type and size? HD and atleast 4.5" or above
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? Lenovo, Micromax
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. 8 MP above,Flash,AF,FF.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Nothing primary
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Multimedia and gaming
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Lenovo ideaphone S920 / Micromax Canvas Magnus A117
12. Any other info that you want to share. Yes

- Currently I own Samsung Galaxy Spica GTi5700, it had served me for 3.5 years, thanks to XDA developers and custom ROMs :mrgreen: and now it's just an exhibition phone in 2014 :lol: as the phone is too old I'm not getting any good deal over spica so is it worth to buy Lenovo S920 at 14k ? The offer is upto 28 JAN but I'm not sure whether the stock will last till end so please hurry-up with our suggestions.

Other option I picked is MMX magnus after some research on reviews/benchmarks which I hardly found 2 or 3. I know it's MMX after all but the phone seems really promising as performance is my main desire, it's camera quality is not that bad as canvas HD.

I know Moto G is another option but it's camera really sucks :evil: so no for Moto G and I would like to ASAP within this week.

Last edited:

sksundram

In the zone
TDF member 'sushovan' posted this link in another thread *www.desidime.com/premium_deals/new-lg-optimus-g-e970-unlocked-gsm-android-cell-phone

Buy this. I think this is a great deal which should not be missed and it is definitely within your budget.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
a big no to Lenovo .. it will perform very badly in games.. weakest phone

if you want good gaming performance in Chinese/local brands
then look for

1.3 GHz quad core mediatek 6582 cpu..
just search by seeing 1.3 GHz quad core..
eg- xolo q700s for 9k

buy only if if its super urgent..

wait 1 month a very heavy upgrade is coming.. which will be a lot powerful than moto g..

the chip will be
1.7 GHz quad core with Mali 450 .. called mediatek 6588 cpu

antutu will be around 20,000 - 21000 approx (moto g scores 16800 ) ,
gpu will be 30-40% faster than moto g ..

that chip will be used by every chinese/local manufacturer.. mmx,xolo,lenovo,intex etc..

so you wil get good 8/12 mp camera along with super fast performance and 2gb ram for 13-14k easily..

don't regret later that you were not informed.. so hold on for that powerful chip.
moto g is already outdated phone in terms of performance compared to upcoming hinese mediatek stuff.. :p

Last edited:
OP
devx

devx

TDF member 'sushovan' posted this link in another thread New LG Optimus G E970 Unlocked GSM Android Cell Phone Rs. 13036.0 at eBay - DesiDime, India's Shopping Community for Best Deals

Buy this. I think this is a great deal which should not be missed and it is definitely within your budget.

Hey great find bro., I almost forgot LG Optimus G E970 = NEXUS 4 :lol: but the thing is warranty, I won't buy anything which is imported :(

^ RISH >

Oh great that's what I'm looking for but those're going to be under 15-20k range, let's see what other spec. these phones will get and moto g was really most awaited phone but it's camera pushed me to hell no !!

Anyways thanks, I would now prefer waiting but please tell me MMX Magnus is really that bad after it's high score in Antutu and quadrant ? why there is so less sale for against HD ?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
^ RISH >

Oh great that's what I'm looking for but those're going to be under 15-20k range,

i am guessing you are asking the question here ?
answer

yes ofcourse under 15000 easily..
15-20k phones will be 1.7ghz octa cores mediatek 6592 . like intex aqua octa available for 18000 already..

12-15000 we will have 1.7ghz quad ones mediatek 6588.. 2gb ram is a common standard now under 15000

under 10,000 we will have 1.3ghz quad mediatek 6582 eg xolo q700s

in phones will get and moto g was really most awaited phone but it's camera pushed me to hell no !!

Anyways thanks, I would now prefer waiting but please tell me MMX Magnus is really that bad after it's high score in Antutu and quadrant ? why there is so less sale for against HD ?

antutu and quadrant scores are ****.. when it comes to gaming.. so don't go by them
gpu is all that matters in gaming..
Magnus has a good CPU but the gpu is very weak.. and you want gaming.. so you will face lag in recent and upcoming heavy graphics games...

to put in perspective ..
the new gpu of 1.7ghz mediatek 6588 Mali 450 will be 300% or 3x faster than Magnus..

that is a massive leap.. and at the same price.. so you will be getting only 30% of your money worth if you buy Magnus.. rest 70 % of value will be wasted.. so if you like wasting money go ahead and buy Magnus

btw If you can give up warranty or fear of repairability close eyes and go with LG optimus e970..,that is a gaming powerhouse.. no its a gaming monster..

Last edited:
OP
devx

devx

Thanks for the suggestions people., I would like to wait for upcoming Mediatek's procy :) Admin can close this thread now.

Top Bottom