Is it time for a new router ?

arian29

In the zone
I have a 50 meg connection from Nextra. Total 6 devices on wifi. A TV (with android box), Desktop, Laptop and 3 phones. I am looking at hd content on atleast 2 devices at a time. Now my TV is connected via a belkin repeater (N300 plug and play) which sometimes breaks connectivity. My current router is Tplink (MR3420) , Desktop is connected using a Tplink usb adapter (WN722N).
Now it would be great if the TV received signals without the repeater as it not reliable. Also i am not able to utilize fully the bandwidth on all devices (atleast 3 at once). Room design is given in link below (black lines are walls), laptop and mobiles can be any where but no heavy content on them.
*i68.tinypic.com/av51zn.jpg

So Do i need to upgrade my router? Please suggest..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As per my experience to fully utilize a high speed net connection one needs an AC router.A router's wifi range depends on distance,design of structure,type of construction material used & interference from nearby wifi networks.You also haven't mentioned your budget which is probably the most important factor.As of now I can say that try with Archer C20 which costs ~1.5k so if it fails to meet expectations it won't be a big loss.

icebags

Technomancer
if you have an old/unused router ready at hand, you may try configuring it as wireless client and connect the andoid box with a lan cable. see if that gets any better signal from the basement router.

otherwise one of those junkie router is your best choice.:emoji_point_up_2:

Top Bottom