Is it Infrard

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav

In the zone
I have a computer which also has mouse. And it also has mouse port. My question is that near mouse port there is another port. It is written near is IR. What is Ir? Is ir Infrared? If Infrared how to use it?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I don't think it's an IR port because it is not practical to have an IR port in the back of the cabinet. IR needs direct line of sight to work. Can you describe what that port looks like? IR ports are dark red and don't have sort of connector pins on them. Just a flat surface. They are mostly rectangular in shape but could easily have other shapes.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I did see a mobo that had an external IR port with the sensor given seperatly. To make the IR port work one had to plug in the sensor into the port and use it. Maybe this too is the same.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
Nemesis said:
I don't think it's an IR port because it is not practical to have an IR port in the back of the cabinet. IR needs direct line of sight to work. Can you describe what that port looks like? IR ports are dark red and don't have sort of connector pins on them. Just a flat surface. They are mostly rectangular in shape but could easily have other shapes.
It is black in color. And it looks like a PS/2 Mouse port. But it has all pins input jack it doesn't have rectangular jack like in a mouse poirt in the middle.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
anubhav_har said:
maybe it is a svideo port. which motherboard do you have??? check the manual or the manufacturers website
It is now showing in Windows XP that I have a Infrared Port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom