Is IEEE is Ethernet. If....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav

In the zone
My friend's computer's ethernet card is not working. So I need your help to make it work. It uses Windows XP pro. Is the ethernet card is IEEE... in the Device Manager of that computer it shows that there is some problem with driver of IEEE. It shows that PCI IEEE. How to make it work and where I will find the drivers :?:

technoteen

Journeyman
your friends nic drivers are not properly installed.
win xp upgrades drivers of some NIC which do not work, you have to use the drivers supplied by the card manufacturer. i too have one such card.
so just get the dirvers provided with your NIC card and then install them again.

regarding IEEE, its may showing such because the NIC cards are built on IEEE standards, so xp may be just recognising it thta much

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Ethernet is IEEE 802 Standard. ...

Hmm.. You can use Everest Home Edition to find out which model is the card is ...

theraven

Technomancer
bat there are diff ieee 802 standards too :p
ehernet as we know it today is IEEE 802.3u standard :p
just a lil addition

[edit]
other standards are 802.2 which is error control and LLC based which works on LAYER 2 of the OSI model ...( Data Link Layer )

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hehe .. I didnt added those things cauz it will confuse novice users ..:p .. Actually 802.3 standard is CSMA CDA method .. :p ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom