Is IE 8 safe to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanx

Right off the assembly line
Hi all
I am currently using ie 6 on windows XP. I want to know whether IE 8 will crap up my system forcing me to a windows reinstall.:?:

thanks!
your pal
Shankha

IE8 will work fine . You can install it .If you are worried that IE 8 will make your system vulnerable ,then you should get a good firewall and antivirus program. But i recommend Google Chrome to you !

OP
S

shanx

Right off the assembly line
When i had windows 98 way back then, i had IE 5.0. when i tried to upgrade, it spoilt my OS. I have had a bad memory of that. And yes i have Win XP SP2. so i just want to know if upgrading my IE will mess up my OS.
thanks
shankha

Rahim

Married!
Why don't you crete a System Restore Point, so that if you dont like IE 8, just restore your computer too an earlier date. I beblive it can be uninstalled through ADD/REMOVE too.
Firefox. Google Chrome, Opera are sfer alternatives than IE anyday.

anzaan

Broken In
make sure u hv XP with SP2 bfr installing IE8. go thru the minimum requirements in IE8 website bfr installing it.
BTW IE8 is awesome . mch better than any of the earlier versions. m using it on windows7 and the experience has been more than satisfying so far. try it for sure..

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Hi all
I am currently using ie 6 on windows XP. I want to know whether IE 8 will crap up my system forcing me to a windows reinstall.:?:

thanks!
your pal
Shankha

lol why are u using ie6? switch to opera or chrome or firefox. i strongly suggest opera

icebags

Technomancer
u MUST upgrade xp to sp3, not to mention IE to IE8.

XPSP2 / IE6 is too much attack prone now. SP3 & IE8 will provide much better security.

satyamy

Alive Again...
offcourse IE 8 is safe & wont harm ur PC

i too using the same and i personally feel its better than Google Chrome & Firefox

y did u thinked u need to reinstall ur Windows ?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Well I can understand the OP concern tbh,because even when I had IE5 in Win 98, and updated to IE6, it botched up my OS.
I dont think installing IE8 would harm Windows these days, so OP can go ahead and install IE8. Even though I think other browsers are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom