Is Doing BCA then MCA an good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munnabhai

Broken In
Hello everyone this is my first post so if u can plz help me.
i have compleated 12 under Science(Biology) and i am intreasted in doing BCA then MCA is this an good chioce for future?

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
MUNNA..frankly speaking most gud instts dont allow u to do BCA if u r 12th (Bio) side....maybe some private instts allow that...

waise if u have bio in ur 12th ..u must have dream of becoming a doctor or scientist or doing BSc (Biotechnology) ? why are u deviating from ur line may I ask ?

astroutkarsh

Canon EOS 600D / 1000D
if u have taken Biology and Not Maths
then most of the Institute will not allow for BCA
so
if u have taken Maths @12th then u can go for BCA.
Also what esumitkumar said was write
as u have taken Bio then u had something in mind
so either stick to ur Plan
or else Hardwork in BCA
2nd Part
for MCA
criteria is Graduate frm any Stream(50% and above) but Maths in 12th
so chek that go ahed....

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
If u really badly wanna do BCA, contact ICFAI. My sis is doing BCA there, and so far, they provide good books and other support.

Even if U pass 12th from Commerce side, u can take admission to BCA there.

Let me know if u need more info.

OP
munnabhai

munnabhai

Broken In
esumitkumar said:
MUNNA..frankly speaking most gud instts dont allow u to do BCA if u r 12th (Bio) side....maybe some private instts allow that...

waise if u have bio in ur 12th ..u must have dream of becoming a doctor or scientist or doing BSc (Biotechnology) ? why are u deviating from ur line may I ask ?

Due to circumstances faced by me i was forced to take biology not maths.
My dream was to make my career in IT field and to do BE in Comp&Science because of my inclined likeness and self practicing mentality towards programming. And an high grade intreast in computers.But alas here i am with no way other to do than BCA. For institution point of view MLSU in Udaipur with MB College(Govt.) is offering BCA without Maths at 10+2.

This is all i can tell

But my final question is BCA+MCA worth in granting good career in IT industry.
Thanks all for answering.
I would be waiting for next reply.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
@munnabhai
It doesn't matter u take electronics,biology or computer science in 12th and look fwd to do BCA..In my class almost 95% students are from bio group!;)

eagle_y2j

Youngling
btw munna non-maths in 12th is not a issue ICFAI and IGNOU allow non-maths students to do BCA ..can't comment over its market value !

satyamy

Alive Again...
Their is one college
M.D. College, Parel, Mumbai
it offers BCA for all Faculty - Arts, Science & Commerce after 12th
It says it is a Pune University Course
& It is a Govt College
So is it leagal or illegal
My Friend is doing BCA from their

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
BCA + MCA is good.

But you gotta work hard. In my class most of the students from bio or commerce group failed in their Maths exam. So u gotta be care-ful.

I am planning to do M-Tech after my BCA + MCA.

And yeah why don't you opt for MCSE , CCNA + CCNP and RHCE.?

N

nag420

Christ College Is Also Offering Bca......and Don't Requires Maths.......

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
may join DOEACC..... you can do it with your graduation , 4 details see here.....
www.doeacc.edu.in
its an autonomous organisation of Govt. of India, AICTE approved , and its B-level course is MCA equivalent....
else B.Sc ->M.Sc -> M.Tech is good option....

Hulo

Broken In
I think after BCA you must go for MCA and then do some certification in Java / Oracle / Microsoft Technologies to enhance your CV. CCNA + CCNP is entirely a different line and people who want to remain in the core software area do not usually go for Cisco certifications.

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
Certainly BCA + MCA is a gud choice but as Quiz_master said "you gotta work hard" .. AFAIK some institutes do give you admission even if u dint take up maths in +2... or else you can give maths exam of CBSE as a private candidate and pass it.

Note: I told you abt the CBSE thng because later on when you go for MCA entrances , having maths in 10+2 and gra is a must . So get away with this prob as soon as possible...Good Luck !

OP
munnabhai

munnabhai

Broken In
Certainly BCA + MCA is a gud choice but as Quiz_master said "you gotta work hard" .. AFAIK some institutes do give you admission even if u dint take up maths in +2... or else you can give maths exam of CBSE as a private candidate and pass it.

Note: I told you abt the CBSE thng because later on when you go for MCA entrances , having maths in 10+2 and gra is a must . So get away with this prob as soon as possible...Good Luck !

Thanks for your replies once again!
At present i am doing BCA and not finding Maths as difficult as i thought it would be!

Exams will begin soon and that will only be the testing point!

Thanks once again!

S

shanky91

Hello everyone plz help me.
i have compleated 12 wid non-med subjects and i am intreasted in doing BCA then MCA so plz can u tell is this an good chioce for future?
As i m not gettin a good coll in ENGINEERING
and i gettin the SD college in chandigarh for BCA
so can u tell if i shud do it or not??
and is it a good carrer??
and is it equal to ENGINEERING?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom