Is Coolermaster HAF X really worthy ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
elysium is said to be better for water-cooling, else haf-x is better for air-cooling........also, haf-x still fares better, atleast in GPU-cooling........but all-in-all, it needs to be seen how does xigmatek elysium fare in comparison to the haf-x, esp in our indian climate. anand, why dont you get one and let us know your feedback on it ? :grin:

P.S. - though many people find haf-x ugly (and some also see both elysium and haf-x as repulsive :)) ), i find the looks of haf-x quite to my liking....the supposedly 'militaristic' design, the tough looks, gamer-case feel, etc seem more appealing to me. my only gripe as of now is that elysium's got a nice cover for front ports, whereas CM stupidly forgot to add one on its 'tank' :x :razz:

d3p

PowerHouse
What do you mean by cheap build ?? Could you please elaborate ?? I thought it is one of the best for its price.

Its not a typical fanboy comments or something. I have touched, felt & seen it in the shop itself.

Take a Silverstone Raven or Corsair 800D cabinets & open them. Now open the HAF X or 932. Then you will understand.

I agree on Phantom being a complete plastic piece & build is also good.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
elysium is said to be better for water-cooling, else haf-x is better for air-cooling........also, haf-x still fares better, atleast in GPU-cooling........but all-in-all, it needs to be seen how does xigmatek elysium fare in comparison to the haf-x, esp in our indian climate. anand, why dont you get one and let us know your feedback on it ? :grin:

P.S. - though many people find haf-x ugly (and some also see both elysium and haf-x as repulsive :)) ), i find the looks of haf-x quite to my liking....the supposedly 'militaristic' design, the tough looks, gamer-case feel, etc seem more appealing to me. my only gripe as of now is that elysium's got a nice cover for front ports, whereas CM stupidly forgot to add one on its 'tank' :x :razz:

I also like military design afterall my father is in army. :D:D I am considering Phatom, Elysium and Haf X. I am kind of biased towards Haf because of the tank look and really nice air cooling because I don't think that I'll ever go for WC. TBH elysium is too large for anyone AFAIK. Phantom is nice but is made of plastic and have that cover. Man I don't like those covers much. Yeah you are right elysium have got that cover for I/O ports and I like that but availability is a major issue with that. Lets see what happen still a long way to go maybe some month. Started this thread so that I can atleast imagine the rig. :p:D

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
glad to know your father is a serving personnel :razz:
which regiment BTW ?

yeah if you dont want WC then go for the HAF-X. also, as debashish mentioned, corsair 800D is also a very good case, but if you want some 'raunchy' looks too, then haf-x it is ! with phantom you can only fill it with NZXT fans and none else. though the black/white cases in it look real good, but i havent seen them in person, except the red one.....didnt quite like that.

but then you can opt anything between the haf-x and phantom. moreover, i was questioned a lot like "why did you bring something looking like a server in the house when modern PCs/cabinets are supposed to be slick and small ?!" :razz:
with the elysium, be ready to get an earful of all such stuff :))

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Its not a typical fanboy comments or something. I have touched, felt & seen it in the shop itself.

Take a Silverstone Raven or Corsair 800D cabinets & open them. Now open the HAF X or 932. Then you will understand.

I agree on Phantom being a complete plastic piece & build is also good.

Thanks for the info will keep it in mind for sure. But still does cooler master uses low quality product ?? I know its hard but please give some idea about the build quality, you know what I mean. :)

glad to know your father is a serving personnel :razz:
which regiment ?
with phantom you can only fill it with NZXT fans and none else. though the black/white cases in it look real good, but i havent seen them in person, except the red one.....didnt quite like that.

He is in EME and his trade is Metal smith. Right now posted in J & K.

If I go for phantom then only NZXT fans?? Why so ??

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
thats good ! so you wish to join him as an engineer too ? :grin:

if you want to add a fan or replace one in the phantom, you either get fan from NZXT, or if you want to fit some other fan, you'll have to modify it. i guess its a bit lame on the part of NZXT to do this to their cabinet :oops:

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
I can't join him as I am physically handicapped at my left hand. Although I don't have much problem but you need to be completely physically fit to go in Army so I can't.

Yes its lame at their part and negetive point for them. I should have freedom to attach the fan I want. :(

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ One more suggestion from my experience.

What Gameranand should exactly need to do here ??

1). Fix the Complete Config Budget.
2). First Fix all the Main Core Components. [Including GPU, Coolings & SMPS]
3). Space requirements in room or table, where the cabinet will be placed or stored.
4). Upgrades : Upgrades like Higher end OEM Cooling Products or Dual SLI can be addressed, but not some Custom H20 Coolings or Quad SLI. [I hope thats not the case here]

After all the above points in mind, probably Gameranand should deceide, which Cabinet & which type of cabinet is required. Blindly selecting a Full Tower like HAF X is just waste of money & valuable space, if not utilized till max.

Finally no one will suggest users to buy a Full Tower Cabinet with tight budget in main core components. So its completely upto user preferences, but optimum usage or balanced rig justifies end of the day.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I already have a 24" monitor, gaming mice and controller all purchased recently. Now excluding these components I'll shell out about 90+K so I am not in a tight budget or may be I am. :D
I have plenty of space because computer stand is quite large afterall my father made that himself with care for his beloved son(me:p) so there is no space problem at all. :-D
One thing for sure that I'll overclock all components when I need to, I'll upgrade GPU when required and won't go for water cooling.
About core components even I am not sure it purely depends on you guys :D:p:-D and most probably I am waiting for 7000 series GPUs.

Now suggest accordingly.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
oh ok....sorry to know that.

well i would second debashish. especially the 3rd point. but since you say that your computer stand is large enough, i guess that is a relief then. such full-tower cases as far as i know, dont go atop the table. and accommodating them underneath one can also be a little exhausting, as was with me. better would be if you could see the depth and height (with wheels included at the feet of the cabinet) that your table can allow for such a cabinet, and if there's some issue, then addressing it, if possible. otherwise cabinets like the HAF 912 advanced, or the NZXT phantom/evo z tempest, etc are also very good. but yeah, first decide upon the core components, and what upgrades you would like to have in future, and based upon that we'll then zero-in on a good choice of a cabinet. that will be a better course of action in my opinion. but good that you already have a few cabinets in your mind, unlike me, where when i had come to the stage of opting for a cabinet after finalising on the components, i was like "arre ye lu ya fir wo ?! arre ye bhi hai ? ab kya lu....?!" :grin:

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I can't decide upon core components but I can tell you about upgrades. Now its obvious that if I am getting a PC of that budget then GPU would be high end and so in future I won't dump that and will most probably go for a crossfire or SLI setup. Also I'll purchase seperate CPU cooler as I'll do overclocking when needed. So you guys can imagine what I'll purchase so please give your valuable suggestions.

d3p

PowerHouse
In that case, either you wait for HD7xxx to hit the market or grab the existing GTX 5xx or HD 6xxx.

If you want to wait then, lock the thread for time being & open it after new generation cards are released & discuss about the whole config including Cabinet etc. etc.

Otherhand, if you are ready then please fill the template & wait for inputs.

d3p

PowerHouse
Waiting is not a bad idea, but if you wait for iternity then you might found some ultimate stuff. So would you like to.

To be frank, your budget is quite sufficient enough to get a well equipped futureproof config. Better to wait for HD7xxx.

Last edited:
OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Well wait for BD is over and its a dissdpointment. Will wait for HD7xxx series. Hope that wait would be worth it. :)

coolgame

Journeyman
go for the cooler master storm trooper when it is available
Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Case Review - YouTube

btw,i havent cleaned my haf x in almost two months ,yet the dust accumulation in very minimal.also the cooling is phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom