[Query] Is Aditya Infotech lying/being lazy about RMA

PunkX 1

Right off the assembly line
Hi all.
I purchased a Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X Boost Edition last year, for 23K. Last week, the card suddenly shut off while playing games and the computer would not boot up with the card installed (system fans would not spin). After removing the card and using onboard, the system started up just fine. I tried the card on another system, with the same results. Also, the card was not overclocked and I was running on the Boost BIOS. I checked the PCB for any apparent damage/marks and found nothing.

I submitted the card to Aditya Infotech, Kolkata for RMA on 29/10/14. Since then, I've called them 3 times and I was told the same thing, by the same person, in the same tone of voice - "Your card has reached Delhi and no feedback/status has been given I will let you know once we get something." I call BS on the entire thing. It's been 8 days and no status has been assigned to the card? I could be wrong, but I've heard horror stories about Aditya Infotech (Kolkata) being incompetent and lazy. An acquaintance of mine submitted his 7950 for RMA last month (and he's chummy with the guys over there), and within the span of a week, he got a brand new R9 280.

Any suggestions as to how I should handle the situation would be greatly appreciated, as I don't was these idiots taking me for a ride, only to probably get a faulty (replacement) card in the end.

moltenskull

Journeyman
Hi,

I would ask you to wait and whatever happens,do not behave rudely with them. I submitted my R9 280X Dual-X for RMA and after close to a couple of months,got a brand new R9 280X Tri-X as replacement.If possible ,call up Aditya Infotech's Delhi office and ask about your card's status ,with the SMRN (Service Material Registration Number) and if not possible,email them via the form available on their website...But on no account,do not be impatient ,buddy...All the best! :)

If it helps -

Aditya Infotech's Delhi Number.

OP
P

PunkX 1

Hi,

I would ask you to wait and whatever happens,do not behave rudely with them. I submitted my R9 280X Dual-X for RMA and after close to a couple of months,got a brand new R9 280X Tri-X as replacement.If possible ,call up Aditya Infotech's Delhi office and ask about your card's status ,with the SMRN (Service Material Registration Number) and if not possible,email them via the form available on their website...But on no account,do not be impatient ,buddy...All the best! :)

If it helps -

Aditya Infotech's Delhi Number.

Thanks a lot for the link.

I wasn't rude with them at all and tried staying as calm as possible. Could you link me their Email/form?

Thanks again.

anaklusmos

Youngling
Check out this thread..... My experience with Aditya Infotech
*www.digit.in/forum/service-rma-watch/186450-sapphire-cheated-rma-twice.html

OP
P

PunkX 1

Hi guys, Got an update :D

I went down to Aditya Infotech today and argued with them a little over the hold up. It seems that there was some difficulty with despatching the replacement from their Delhi warehouse. Either way, the status showed that my replacement was approved and I'll be getting a brand new R9 280, in a sealed box, and it should be delivered by this week.

OP
P

PunkX 1

I saw this coming.

I went down to Aditya Infotech today, since I had some work near their office. I wanted to enquire if I was going to get my card back this week, as promised. Their tune has changed. Apparently, they have no idea about the status now, and the guy has no clue when my card is going to come in. I was pretty annoyed. "It takes 15 days", they said. "Today IS the 15th day." "We'll call you once it gets here."

I left, disheartened. I called up their Delhi office, and after being transferred around a bunch of times, I was only told that they will inform the Kolkata office and they will get in touch with me, the same day. As expected, nothing happened. Hell, they didn't even ask me for my RMA/serial number. Just my name.

Maybe I'm being negative, but I doubt my card will come in anytime soon :(

OP
P

PunkX 1

I called them today. They said that the card has come in and they need to test it to make sure it's working. It's a refurb. So much for a new card. Either way, I'll call them later and if the card has been tested, I'll go pick it up today, otherwise tomorrow morning.

I just hope there are no further problems.

OP
P

PunkX 1

Yeah, I will. The guy gave me the shipment's tracking number earlier today. It got delivered to them at 5.30 p.m.

I'll go down tomorrow morning.

OP
P

PunkX 1

I got the card today. It was another 7950, but a brand new one :D

Much better than the old one, which was a dud overclocker, with overheating VRMs.

The new one does 1200Mhz on the core at 1.22v, 1800Mhz on the memory, max VRM temps - 56c, max core temps with the fan on auto - 68c.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

Much better than the old one, which was a dud overclocker, with overheating VRMs.

The new one does 1200Mhz on the core at 1.22v, 1800Mhz on the memory, max VRM temps - 56c, max core temps with the fan on auto - 68c.
Congrats Brother.
"Patience is a virtue ",time and tried and tested proved again.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

congrats, Aditya maybe lazy sometime but Sapphire is always good at RMA.

OP
P

PunkX 1

Here's a pic :)

DSC00099.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00101.jpg
    DSC00101.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 66