irritating problem.takes lots of time to open a video.please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
hi friends.

well i am facing a problem from the past few days.when ever i try to open any video files eg:the video files inside the movies folder in gta sanandreas.it takes about 5 minutes to open it.and someimes it does not open it also.

by default that video file opens with winamp.but i have changed that to real player and windows media player.still the problem persists.

after clicking the player gets freezed for 5 mins.and after that it opens.

due to this the game also takes 5 mins to open the screen gets freezed after the nvidia logo.

well if once it gets played.then after that if i click on any video it opens without any problem.
that means everytime i open my system or restart it i have to wait 5 min to get any video opened.after that it becomes normal.

and whats this.why theres a yellow mark?

*www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/e28c903ede.jpg

please help.

parthbarot

In the zone
hmm... this yellow thing.. shows a filer form microsoft..which is used in video editing.. see this link *msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms779700(VS.85).aspx

So remove it first..or check from where you got it..

Now...may be this causes your 5 mints problem... but if it doesn't goes..then try to get rid off all the video/audio players first... also remove all you codes and xtra things for video/audio...

Then install K-Lite mega codec pack, VLC(VideoLan client - audio-Video player for all)..

and ya... use VLC/ media player classic (From K-Lite) to see videos...

See if this helps you... :) May be some kind a filter/codec is attached which got loaded everytime when you starts videos..

so check in memory...in task manager... for that.. you can use.. prcView..which will show you which exes running with path and info...so you will know if there is any virus kind a thing or something.. :)

Parth.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
hmm... this yellow thing.. shows a filer form microsoft..which is used in video editing.. see this link *msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms779700(VS.85).aspx

So remove it first..or check from where you got it..

Now...may be this causes your 5 mints problem... but if it doesn't goes..then try to get rid off all the video/audio players first... also remove all you codes and xtra things for video/audio...

Then install K-Lite mega codec pack, VLC(VideoLan client - audio-Video player for all)..

and ya... use VLC/ media player classic (From K-Lite) to see videos...

See if this helps you... :) May be some kind a filter/codec is attached which got loaded everytime when you starts videos..

so check in memory...in task manager... for that.. you can use.. prcView..which will show you which exes running with path and info...so you will know if there is any virus kind a thing or something.. :)

Parth.

thanks.i disabled that and its solved now.

parthbarot

In the zone
Great buddy... its ok...sometimes it happens..when you install some softies which includes such filters and codecs..which can be heavy...

so instead..stick to.. VLC+ K-Lite Codec Pack...its best for any video files...(Not RM, and in 3gp no audio ).

10x and regards,
Parth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom