Irritating flipkart reviews and reviewers

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Has anybody read a user review on flikart lately ?

It seems that every review has been written by a stupid, uneducated F***WIT. Especially in the mobile phones section.

I wonder why flipkart lets these people write reviews.

Cheers !
AbhMkh

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I agree that it is very irritating to read such user reviews. I wish Flipkart implements a professional reviews section parallel to the user reviews so that we can read reviews by some professional reviewer or by some agency such as digit.

Either that or they should get some moderators to monitor the reviews.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Flipkart allows anyone to write a review. I need not be a genuine buyer of a product to write a review. There are even launch day reviews for Moto/Xiaomi phones and other such exclusive launches.

Not only reviews, I can even rate the products without buying. I could rate a product with 1 star or 5 without purchasing it. This does not result in genuine ratings

For this very two reasons, I haven't reviewed/rated any product that I have purchased from Flipkart.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
But Flipkart marks users who have bought the product as Certified Buyer. That's how you know that the person has purchased the product.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Once there was a time when reviews at Flipkart were actually moderated. In a review I wrote about a book I mentioned the praise for that book and also wrote something along the lines "Flipkart have started just like Amazon began it's journey, i.e, from selling books, and I think FK will reach new heights very soon". And FK rejected my review saying me to avoid writing about service and only write about product. I thought never to write any review on FK after that.

But soon after that they opened the flood gates, removed the moderation and followed a practice which I now like. Why? Simple reason. Negative reviews are not censored. People have a true freedom of saying whatever they want. While this results in very poor reviews but also result in people speaking their minds openly.

As said by Desmond genuine buyers are marked with "Certified Buyer" and good reviews are usually voted more. Plus we also get to know funny and entertaining reviews like this:

*www.scoopwhoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/flipkart-2-1024x631.png

More:
*www.scoopwhoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/flipkart-7.png

*www.scoopwhoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/flipkart-4.png

*www.scoopwhoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/flipkart-12-1024x485.png
*www.scoopwhoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/flipkart-13.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom