Irritating ads on phone

Deadman

Journeyman
I am getting amazon, snapdeal ads on my phone even when using Chrome, newstand. I have using same apps before those ads never appeared . Same with my friend's phone. Is it something to do with lollipop.

tkin

Back to school!!
if you are desperate use this: *adblockplus.org/android-install

Its in beta, its slow and crashes occasionally. But useful for those sites that have lots of flash ads.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I am getting amazon, snapdeal ads on my phone even when using Chrome, newstand. I have using same apps before those ads never appeared . Same with my friend's phone. Is it something to do with lollipop.
post a screenshot maybe? Are you sure it's not a rogue app causing this? I don't think it has anything to do with lollipop though.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
the ads are coming in even offline..even on homescreen sometimes. will post a screenshot if it comes again.

tkin

Back to school!!
the ads are coming in even offline..even on homescreen sometimes. will post a screenshot if it comes again.

It's being done by an app. Either legit apps or side loaded malware.

- - - Updated - - -

It's being done by an app. Either legit apps or side loaded malware.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
Screenshot_2015-09-14-17-50-10.jpg

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
What is the 1 click boost icon on your desktop? Is it some CM software? Like mentioned above it could be some installed software showing this ad. You need to list all installed software and then root out any less reputable one.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
What is the 1 click boost icon on your desktop? Is it some CM software? Like mentioned above it could be some installed software showing this ad. You need to list all installed software and then root out any less reputable one.
Its clean master's widget to free ram.
Been using long time no bothering though.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Its clean master's widget to free ram.
Been using long time no bothering though.
Cheetah Mobile, the present owner of Clean Master has an unsavoury reputation for pushing unnecessary ads. Recently there was a heavy shitstorm due to their take over of QuickPic.

Could be one reason.

But personally I haven't had any of their products in my phone in a long while so am not sure.

More likely some other shady game or such app not from a top producer.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
Ad detector not working. I have removed clean master and some other apps but the ads are still coming. Format is not the option so I will keep using as it is.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
There should be some unidentified process running in the background fetching those ads.

Use System Monitor to look for what is running in the background. Also use OS Monitor to see who is talking to the internet.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Ad detector not working. I have removed clean master and some other apps but the ads are still coming. Format is not the option so I will keep using as it is.

Then download ad free and install on your phone but make sure you are rooted.

Top Bottom