IRQL_LESS...system switches off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky_pradeep

Broken In
Hello people,

UPDATE:

System switched ON and running fine. But still unable to install XP, and i get the following IRQL message

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the firs time you are seeing this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps.

Check to make sure any hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new isntallation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows update you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly isntalled hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as cahing or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode....blah blah

Technical Information:

***STOP :0x0000000A(0x00000010,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x80523E78 )

Dumping Physical Memory...

Before EDITING, my post here was
My configuration:

Q6600
Intel MB ( DP35DPM)
MSI NX8800GT OC
2GB RAM at 800Mhz
320 GB Segate
Cooler Master Extreme Duo 600W

Initially got a Cooler Master 500W, started installing Win XP, after some time ( say 2 to three minutes) system shut down on its own, and next day no power was being drawn from the SMPS, went and checked it with the service center guys who declared it dead, using some multimeter kinda device. Exchanged it under warranty for a 600W.

Now the same problems are cropping up, albeit, after a longer duration. The system runs for atleast twenty minutes and then terminates. I've been trying to bring it back to life, no point. The lil' square LED glows, but pressing the power switch gives no result.

Last time I tried installing XP, midway thru' I got the blue screen with the message IRQL_LESS_THAN_ blah blah.. finally it dumped the physical memory, gave me instructions that I could follwo only if XP was installed..

I'm stuck..

Like darklord said, I assume the Cooler Master 600W is a 500W, but even then isn't 500W enough for my configuration?

Or can it be a problem with the graphics card?

Or overheating?

HELP!

Last edited:

taurius1

Broken In
Ive had problems implementing 4 GB configs coz of that error, among others. My solution was to use kingston RAM instead of transcend.

But that was for 4 GB. AFAIK, transcend worked in 2 GB config

moshel

Padawan
110% the problem is with the ram...put some other ram module and try.....

i have faced this problem (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) atleast 3 times in the past....and always the problem was the ram..

OP
R

ricky_pradeep

Broken In
moshel said:
110% the problem is with the ram...put some other ram module and try.....

i have faced this problem (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) atleast 3 times in the past....and always the problem was the ram..

Sure? Without the beep sound during POST?

I think I found a solution :D

Intel said:
Notes:

* Some desktop boards include features that are supported only under certain operating systems.
* Windows Server* 2003: Intel® Desktop Boards do not support Windows Server 2003. There are no drivers available for this operating system.
* Windows* XP: If your desktop board includes PCI Express* capability, you must use Windows XP with Service Pack 2, which includes support for PCI Express.

Link: *www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028426.htm

Slipstreaming Windows XP to Include Service Pack 2

Windows XP with Service Pack 2 is required for a number of recent desktop board features (i.e. PCI Express*, security, etc.). If you need to reinstall Windows but only have an original shipping version of Windows XP (without Service Pack 2), you may encounter errors during installation.

I do not have Win XP with SP2.. :D

Will try with Vista tomo..

Last edited:

moshel

Padawan
^^ yes dude sure...try this exe i have attached...downloaded it from the internet just a few weeks back...it gives and error if there is a problem with ur ram...

it worked for me pretty well.

P.S. i knw its risky to accept exe files from strangers...but i cant seem to find from where i downloaded it...the name is memtest.exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom