Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein executed

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein has been executed, a witness said.

"Saddam's body is in front me," said an official in the prime minister's office when CNN telephoned. "It's over."

*www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/12/29/hussein/index.html

shankar_ganesh

Journeyman
Yes, reports are coming out

*news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6218485.stm
WATCH LIVE VIDEO ON BBC: *news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3681938.stm
CNN says:
"Saddam's body is in front me," said an official in the prime minister's office when CNN telephoned. "It's over."
In the background, Shiite chanting could be heard. When asked about the chanting, the official said "These are employees of the prime minister's office and government chanting in celebration."
The witness reported that celebrations broke out after Hussein was dead, and that there was "dancing around the body."
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki did not attend the execution, according to an adviser to the prime minister who was interviewed on state television.
The execution was videotaped and photographed, state television reported, and those images will be distributed to the media.

BBC says:

Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has been executed by hanging at an unspecified location in Baghdad, for crimes against humanity.
Iraqi TV said the execution took place just before 0600 local time (0300GMT).
The news was confirmed to the BBC by the Iraqi Deputy Foreign Minister, Labeed Abawi.
Two co-defendants, Saddam Hussein's half-brother Barzan al-Tikriti and former Iraqi chief judge Awad Hamed al-Bandar, were also executed.
"Criminal Saddam was hanged to death," state-run Iraqiya television announced, as patriotic music and images of national monuments were broadcast.
A scrolling headline read: "Saddam's execution marks the end of a dark period of Iraq's history."
The TV station said Saddam Hussein's half-brother and the former chief justice of the Revolutionary Court were also hanged.
Other Arab TV stations aired live footage of the sunrise over Baghdad's Firdous Square, where US Marines pulled down a statue of Saddam Hussein, after he was deposed in April 2003.
*www.ndtv.com/images/breakingnews/gallery/saddam8.jpg

Last edited:
G

gxsaurav

fu**, bush really is a membar of ku Klax Klan i can bet

This guy was hell of a bussiness man, breaking the monopoly of doller in the International market in just 7 years is admirable indeed. How can they execute or wage war against a President of a country without any proof

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
What's truly ironic is that USA invaded Iraq and killed more than 600,000 people in last three years to capture, trial and execute a person for killing ~150 people, who in fact were dead set on killing Saddam himself.

How many US Presidents and/or Generals have been tried and executed for their war crimes?

G

gxsaurav

Trust me, Osama Bin laden will not be captured. From day 1 it seemed like a conspiracy to me, Bush & Laden are together, & 9/11, or everything else happened just to go after Saddam. Don't u guys remembar what the U.N. representative said after Iraq War, that Bush administration planed iraq invasion, & the WMD was just a setup. There were no WMD found, but still bush started war on the basis of WMD only

forever

filth is me
gxsaurav said:
Trust me, Osama Bin laden will not be captured. From day 1 it seemed like a conspiracy to me, Bush & Laden are together, & 9/11, or everything else happened just to go after Saddam. Don't u guys remembar what the U.N. representative said after Iraq War, that Bush administration planed iraq invasion, & the WMD was just a setup. There were no WMD found, but still bush started war on the basis of WMD only

truly said , re-iterating what michael moore is pointing to from the first day , the whole saddam thing was just to put wool over our eyes that US is supposedly doing atleast something post 9/11, you can bet osama wont be captured till bush holds the office , they seem like family to me , sadly innocents have to die at their whims :(

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well if thts the case then lalu ..... and all are bacchas in front of bush and his political brain .... all calling him stupid dumb ..... well i wud say he is the smartest ass walking on Gods's green earth

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
gxsaurav said:
LOL

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Great news! It'll be a sort of revenge for the Shias and the Kurds, who suffered under his brutal regime.

However, I am concerned about the security situation in Iraq. I wonder how the coalition forces will maintain peace post-Saddam in a country ravaged by inter-community, inter-religion conflicts.

Some of the ignorant posts in this thread really make me laugh, though. I never knew some people would be so out of sync with the real world.

No America is no angel, but Saddam was a bad man, who deserved nothing short of capital punishment. I wouldn't want to be a Kurd, who died when Saddam's brother decided to gas me and my village out of existence. At the same time, I wouldn't want to be an Iraqi Sunni right now.

EagerBeaver

Journeyman
^Sir I think you has a big baloon ego calling others views ignorant. I thinks Sadam did not get justice in correct way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom