IR IN 6610i

Status
Not open for further replies.

medigit

In the zone
got this mobile 6610i yesterday with HUTCH connection.Can anyone tell me how to use the IR function .I went to buy the DATA CABLE but it was too expensive for me.(Rs. 300).I want to download Ringtones,Pic etc to my computer and transfer it to PC by IR.PLz help.Can anyone give the sites from where i can get the Ringtones etc for free.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Hi
To connect your phone to PC using IR you need Nokia PC suite for 6610i.
If you already haven't then install IR drivers.
Then you need to keep your phone in line with IR to connect with IR turned ON on your cell. Then you can use the different softwares in PC suite for images and ringtones.
AFAICR, you can only use polyphonic rongtones for 6610i, so you'd need midi files for that.
Well for midis just do a search on google. I had a site where there were many midis of english songs but I have lost it.
I don't have my bookmarks handy at the moment but whenever I have them I will post it.

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
my computer is
INTEL 865 GBF ORIGINAL
P4--2.4 GHZ .DOES IT HAVE IR.if it doesnt have then will i not be able to transfer files.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
medigit said:
my computer is
INTEL 865 GBF ORIGINAL
P4--2.4 GHZ .DOES IT HAVE IR.if it doesnt have then will i not be able to transfer files.

I would rather suggest you to buy a datacable since u r already spending around 300...

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
will unbranded DATA CABLE be detected by NOKIA PC SUITE. My earlier Phone RELiance CDMA DATACABLE(non-reliance) was not detecetd .PLz help.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Unbranded data cable will be too much of a risk. Most chances are it won't work or will fail soon enough. So, you'd be most likely to loose your money there.
I'd advise you not to go for unbranded one. Either buy a branded data cable or wait right now and save some money to buy it later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom