iphone vs ipod-touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabhsun

Broken In
Hii
I was thinking of buying the ipod-touch and i was wondering the difference between the iphone 3g and ipod touch (there being a gap of almost 20k in price)......

Some obvious ones are:
-Calling facility(only major one)
-GPS(ipod supports maps and google-earth)
-Camera(no need)
-Physical Looks(who cares)

What are the other different features?? Aren't the apps and games same??
Note that their software versions have been recently updated.
PLZZ HELP

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
App and Games are Same on Both . So that doesnt make a difference
You can install SIP Voip on iPod Touch to gain Calling facility
Maps are good until u are in good wifi range
iPod Touch Looks Great (even thou looks doesnt matter it is sexier than the iPhone and the Metal like back is great )

Has a Black Matte Border compared to iPhone which is good

Screen size is same

winner : iPod Touch

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Go for the iPod Touch, the iPhone is a total waste of money. Un-biased & honest.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
^THe Metal Back looks Coastlier and sexy than iPone's Plastic back

And it feels great

*in.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUqqA23XNQ

Music is which i would like to touch

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Guys.. Putting the price factor aside; wont one feel like this after getting and using the iPod Touch for sometime "wish it was a phone!" ??

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ Don't make the mistake of going for the phone. It's utterly a waste of money. Very low battery life, after sales is not by Apple, outrageously costly for what it does.

IronManForever

^ Your case of low battery life seems abnormal. After sales service.. I wont get anyways even If I get the iPhone; as I'll be buying the unlocked EDGE version from US; OR a second hand. :D
And for outrageously costly:
IronManForever said:
Guys.. Putting the price factor aside; wont one feel like this after getting and using the iPod Touch for sometime "wish it was a phone!" ??
I just wanted to ask that while using the Touch, how much does one miss the phone features? :confused:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well wat i feel is tat, there is NO HARM in having a dedicated device, say we all hv a mobile phone wich (apart from making/receiving calls and sms) allows for a camera, an mp3 player, a radio fm, a recorder and god knows wat not...

but we still go and buy a good DEDICATED digital camera, a good i-pod or Sansa clip for MP3 and etc..etc...

so, let us all enjoy the good featuers of a dedicated device guys...and NOT hv a multi million task device on our hand wich fails to represent all of these formats jumbled into one.. :)

there is always a need of a dedicated device..but we (as the human nature goes) want beer and milk at the same time in a same can, fruits and vegetable in the same pack..and love as well as s*x simultaneously..(jus a saying).. :D

IronManForever

ashu888ashu888 said:
but we (as the human nature goes) want beer and milk at the same time in a same can, fruits and vegetable in the same pack..and love as well as s*x simultaneously..(jus a saying)
:lol:

Yeah, dedicated devices ROCK! but then iPod Nano or Classic would have been better than the Touch as the Touch is more like a Mobile Internet Device-like Personal Digital Assistant with music and gaming abilities. :neutral:

goobimama

 Macboy
After sales service of the iPhone in India is pathetic. You have to go to AirTel or Vodafone for that. Sucks.

I'd still go for the iPhone because of the convenience part of it.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, agreed coz even now dedicated devices are starting to add sum slight added functionality apart from their primary work... tat they were built to perform..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom