iPhone a "Beautiful and Breakthrough Handheld Computer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
After testing the iPhone for two weeks in multiple US cities, Walter Mossberg and Katherine Boehret consider it “a beautiful and breakthrough handheld computer. Its software, especially, sets a new bar for the smart-phone industry, and its clever finger-touch interface,” they say, “works well.” In addition to combining “intelligent voice calling and a full-blown iPod,” iPhone also “offers the best Web browser we have seen on a smart phone and robust email software.” It offers “the largest and highest-resolution screen of any smart phone we’ve seen, and the most internal memory by far. Yet it is one of the thinnest smart phones available and offers impressive battery life, better than its key competitors claim.” It is, the two conclude, “a pleasure to use.”

Read the review

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
A computer is a device on which you can input data, read your documents, use to to communicate via internet.

You cannot "write" on iPhone. You can type but you cannot save it as a notepad file or word file

You cannot read all the documents out there neither you can install plugins for reading documents

You cannot use it to communicate with JAVA or Flash based sites or Skype or IM.

iPhone is a computer? Kahan se ?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
spam multiple posts ... salesmen should be banned he should be treated the smae way the other advertisers on this board were treated

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
A computer is a device on which you can input data, read your documents, use to to communicate via internet.
You can do these three tasks on the iPhone too.

gx_saurav said:
You cannot "write" on iPhone.
Yes, you can.

gx_saurav said:
You can type but you cannot save it as a notepad file
Yes, you can.

gx_saurav said:
You cannot read all the documents out there neither you can install plugins for reading documents
It reads plain text, HTML, RTF, Word, PDF and Excel files. I think that basically means "all documents".

gx_saurav said:
You cannot use it to communicate with JAVA or Flash based sites or Skype or IM.
No Skype, yet. But IM works through web based interfaces and Web 2.0 applications. I am sure Skype is coming soon too.

gx_saurav said:
iPhone is a computer? Kahan se ?
Har angle sey.

Every single reviewer has said that "In a sense, the iPhone has already made its mark. Even those who never buy one will benefit from its advances, as competitors have already taken Apple’s achievements as a wake-up call to improve their own products."

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Yes, you can.

No You can't, iPhone has no handwriting recognition.
Yes, you can.

No you can't, iPhone has so far not given any indication of notes taking. How can you say yes? Have u used iPhone. Source Plz.
It reads plain text, HTML, RTF, Word, PDF and Excel files. I think that basically means "all documents".

PPT, PSD, ZIP, RAR,....no support. I hope you know that zip compresses multiple files together so it is easy to send just one file.

No Skype, yet. But IM works through web based interfaces and Web 2.0 applications. I am sure Skype is coming soon too.

Yahoo IM doesn't work cos Yahoo Web messenger is either based on JAVA or Flash.

MSN IM has no web interface

Google Talk has IM in web.

AOL has no Web based IM, Web 2.0 based means someone will need to pass it through his server which means chances of passwords or data breach. Sorry, i trust the official creator. SO what should I do now?

When skype comes, then come back & tell me. Right now iPhone has no Skype support. Guess what W960i & N95i has Skype as well as SIPPS support.

Har angle sey.

iPhone is the best iPod Apple has ever made. Its just that Apple forgot that it also needs to be a phone so they forgot to include phone features.

Every single reviewer has said that "In a sense, the iPhone has already made its mark. Even those who never buy one will benefit from its advances, as competitors have already taken Apple’s achievements as a wake-up call to improve their own products."

Isn't this the other way around? Isn't iPhone copying functionality of BlackJack or WM6 or HC?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
No You can't, iPhone has no handwriting recognition.
You could have made it clear earlier. No, it does not have handwriting recognition.

gx_saurav said:
No you can't, iPhone has so far not given any indication of notes taking. How can you say yes? Have u used iPhone. Source Plz.
A picture is worth a thousand words?

*img401.imageshack.us/img401/3521/notesoniphoneyv7.png

Indeed, it appears to be! :D

No one on Earth is as misinformed, disillusioned and delusional as you are.

gx_saurav said:
PPT, PSD, ZIP, RAR,....no support. I hope you know that zip compresses multiple files together so it is easy to send just one file.
Oh yeah, it does not support those. Yeah, yeah. Huge drawback indeed. I am sure a lot of people would want to just sell their computers and use the iPhone for all their computing needs.

There are so many drawbacks of the iPhone: It does not make coffee, cannot serve as a vacuum cleaner, does not function as a shaving razor or tissue paper... man, this thing sucks! :lol:

gx_saurav said:
Yahoo IM doesn't work cos Yahoo Web messenger is either based on JAVA or Flash.

MSN IM has no web interface

Google Talk has IM in web.

AOL has no Web based IM, Web 2.0 based means someone will need to pass it through his server which means chances of passwords or data breach.
Sites like meebo.com work just fine so every IM network works.

gx_saurav said:
Sorry, i trust the official creator. SO what should I do now?
Go to a corner and cry yourself to sleep.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
OMG iphone can take down notes wow what an invention thats true innovation iphone can take notes ... hey fellow members go buy the iphone it can take notes wow!

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
iMav said:
OMG iphone can take down notes wow what an invention thats true innovation iphone can take notes ... hey fellow members go buy the iphone it can take notes wow!
dont be so sarcastic man:D

seems like u just hate arya's fanboyism or should i say spamming

5 threads on iphone

stop spamming arya.. someone plz get this fanboy in control he s goin mad:D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
arya said:
You could have made it clear earlier. No, it does not have handwriting recognition.
This is what I wrote.

me said:
You cannot "write" on iPhone.
I quoted the word write, I hope you know what quoting means.

Go & have a look at the latest screenshot, where is the notes icon? By the way, I also have a notes application in my K750i but it doesn't saves in txt format like iPhone. Well, for a $500 phone I would have expected some smart(phone)ness.

Oh yeah, it does not support those. Yeah, yeah. Huge drawback indeed. I am sure a lot of people would want to just sell their computers and use the iPhone for all their computing needs.
Hmm...I wonder how other phones which are worth $500 (P990i, W950i, Nokia N95) support these features then. Oh well, these other phones have been doing everything that iPhone can't do from years.

Sites like meebo.com work just fine so every IM network works.
Its a site boy not a real application or even iChat :D. This is same as what I said u earlier. it goes through a web server, I don't trust a web server of some annonymas user.
here are so many drawbacks of the iPhone: It does not make coffee, cannot serve as a vacuum cleaner, does not function as a shaving razor or tissue paper... man, this thing sucks! :lol:
I don't expect iPhone to make cofee, but it doesn't even works as a phone. What a iUsless device for iLosers

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
stop spamming arya.. someone plz get this fanboy in control he s goin mad
He sure has, his mental stability is disturbed or should I say, just had a kernel panic cos despite of so much advertising & promoting iPhone & other Apple products, he still has no job offer from Apple store.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
BlackBerry7100g said:
aryayush n gx_saurav...plz stop fighting *i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/GawkyEndymion000/arracher-cheveux.gif

Well, i don't wanna get banned. So I m quiting, chinking out...backing off (Actually i m running out of "GX" IDs on this forum :D)

Now arya can spam all he wants.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
iphone is Not a Complete Phone when compared to other phones(whatever brand)..But Its an Advanced ipod ;) :)

I req Mods to ban arya,gx,imav..Which ever updated thread is opened ...I only see these 3 people talking the same Stuff:x

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
rakeshishere said:
I req Mods to ban arya,gx,imav..Which ever updated thread is opened ...I only see these 3 people talking the same Stuff:x

:shock:. i agree but i don't agree wid the idea of banning !

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
BlackBerry7100g said:
:shock:. i agree but i don't agree wid the idea of banning !

Not permanently..But for a temp amount of time..untill iphone *Hot News* calms down :)...These people are clever enough to make a new account and start all over it again :D
No Offense but its irritating to see the debate running into Pages
(I Rock,U suck contest):p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom