iPhone 4G in June with Cortex A8, More RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The iPhone 4G is expected to launch next month, with Foxconn sending out an initial shipment of 4.5 million units.

Starting the week off with a bang, reports now indicate that the iPhone 4G will be officially unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference on June 7. It's also reported that Foxconn will begin to ship the device shortly thereafter, initially sending out 4.5 million units and then an additional 19.5 million units for the rest of 2010. Although the news is unconfirmed, it seems somewhat likely given the recent security measures (or a lack thereof) to keep the device under wraps.

On the hardware front, the device will sport 512 MB of memory, twice the amount of RAM found within current iPhone 3GS model. The increase in RAM is said to be due to the multitasking features loaded into the upcoming iPhone OS 4.0 software. Additionally, the new iPhone will use the Arm Cortex A8 and a battery supplied by Simplo Technology and Dynapack International Technology--as reported earlier, this battery will be larger thanks to a 33-percent thinner touch panel.

Additional news about the iPhone hardware has also surfaced, backing up previous rumors regarding its touch-screen display. Apparently the device will have a 960 x 640 resolution and adopt in-plane switching (IPS) panels with fringe-field switching (FFS) technology. This will provide a clearer, crisper output in the sunlight and a much wider viewing angle than seen with prior models. The upgrade is said to be geared towards e-book readers and to help promote the iBooks Store. LG Display and Prime View International are believed to be the suppliers behind the iPhone's new display.

Stay tuned in the next few weeks, as we're sure we'll hear more about what the iPhone 4G may or may not have before it supposedly comes out of its cage in June.

*www.tomsguide.com/us/iPhone-cortex-Foxconn-IPS-FFS,news-6817.html

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Be prepared for the marketing wankfest of the "average new features" by Apple. Something which I really hate. Nothing against iPhone OS though.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
^^^ actually apple has got the best implementation of the hardware with the phone software.. others phones have same features but they do not work twice as good as they does in an iphone.. take an example of iPhone 2MP camera it is just too good for a 2mp camera, Take an example of accelerometer which performs the best in iPhone motion gaming rather than any other phone.. take example of iPhone screen which is the best touchscreen ever in a phone.. Got it?

iPhone has got the widest support throughout the world via major websites and everything that is why they are priced that much.. and not to mention the best OS in a phone ever which has got so many apps and so many hacks when jailbroken which any other phone can not think of competing..

sold my iPhone 3g now I will be getting this.. hope this gets launched in india soon :p

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I-phone 4g looks good from the spec front but

Why can't apple sell unlocked phones like other major phone manufacturers in here - if they can do that there market share would be extended more and many people will be able to use i-phone.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I have my Android phone with me and my Room mate has a iPhone, I don't get the striking awesomeness difference that iPhone offers. Both phones are able to do similar things .
App store for iPhone is huge when compared to the android store, but I have got all necessary apps on my phone(not a big fan of mobile games, no matter how cool it is , gaming is on PC for me). Capacitive touch for both phones , similar keyboard layout flawless touch recognition on both. iPhone 2mp cam is sh1t (I dont know when it became better than other offerings). Motion sensor is there in both phones, i even have similar apps that achieve same result on both phones . 3G is there, wifi etc common stuff.

My firends iPhone cost him 28k my phone is for 12.5k, major drawback is low inbuilt storage space, micro SD card takes care of it (not saying its better than inbuilt storage space, but it surely is expandable). 800 mhz ARM processor runs Android 2.1 just fine with multitasking, and yeah Froyo is coming :).

In all I like what iPhone has to offer, but I aggree to to what ico said .

"Be prepared for the marketing wankfest of the "average new features" by Apple."

^^^ actually apple has got the best implementation of the hardware with the phone software.. others phones have same features but they do not work twice as good as they does in an iphone.. take an example of iPhone 2MP camera it is just too good for a 2mp camera, Take an example of accelerometer which performs the best in iPhone motion gaming rather than any other phone.. take example of iPhone screen which is the best touchscreen ever in a phone.. Got it?

iPhone has got the widest support throughout the world via major websites and everything that is why they are priced that much.. and not to mention the best OS in a phone ever which has got so many apps and so many hacks when jailbroken which any other phone can not think of competing.

sold my iPhone 3g now I will be getting this.. hope this gets launched in india soon :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom