iPhone 12 need suggestions

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Hi,

Planning to buy my first Apple phone. iPhone 12. According to me it is the best variant in the current 12 series.

Your views on the same please.

Cheers.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You should get a fast charger from known brands like Anker instead of getting it from Apple as they don't include one in box.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Hi,

Planning to buy my first Apple phone. iPhone 12. According to me it is the best variant in the current 12 series.

Your views on the same please.

Cheers.

If you need a good camera get the pro max. The camera is amazing.

Otherwise the 12 mini should do it. The phone builds quality is amazing and the camera is no slouch. Had used one a friend got and was pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Maybe some card offers in Republic Day, otherwise unlikely.

For iPhones, iPhone 12 is a decent choice. Not a big noticeable improvement if you jump to 12 Pro.

Is it safe to buy iphone online via Amazon or Flipkart? Or should I prefer Apple offline stores?

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
What are your suggestions guys?

iphone 12 or Samsung S21 Ultra?

Iphone 12 256mb will cost around 90k n S21 Ultra 256mb would be around 95k n you get a Galaxy Watch Active 2 free with it.

Please suggest.

Cheers.

Last edited:
What are your suggestions guys?

iphone 12 or Samsung S21 Ultra?

Iphone 12 256mb will cost around 90k n S21 Ultra 256mb would be around 95k n you get a Galaxy Watch Active 2 free with it.

Please suggest.

Cheers.
Your call. I mean, I'll pick android over iOS any day. So decide on that first.

For S21, wait for reviews IMO. There are reports of S888 overheating in Mi11 & iQoo 7, not sure if that's the case with Exynos 2100 as well. 2100 will likely not match iPhone's SoC or S888 in terms of GPU. Also, both phones are of different price class, as in S21 Ultra is an iPhone 12 Pro Max competitor & is bulkier than iPhone 12 (if size matters to you). Camera options are more in S21 ultra & it will have a better battery life.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Your call. I mean, I'll pick android over iOS any day. So decide on that first.

For S21, wait for reviews IMO. There are reports of S888 overheating in Mi11 & iQoo 7, not sure if that's the case with Exynos 2100 as well. 2100 will likely not match iPhone's SoC or S888 in terms of GPU. Also, both phones are of different price class, as in S21 Ultra is an iPhone 12 Pro Max competitor & is bulkier than iPhone 12 (if size matters to you). Camera options are more in S21 ultra & it will have a better battery life.

It may sound weird, but that 10k discount and free Galaxy Watch Active 2 is for pre booking only.

Cheers.

powerstarprince

In the zone
I am looking to purchase iPhone 12 Mini, is it worth buying it from the U.K. or should I get it in India. I am not aware of the cheapest price in Indian market.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
I am looking to purchase iPhone 12 Mini, is it worth buying it from the U.K. or should I get it in India. I am not aware of the cheapest price in Indian market.
Sorry to say iphone mini itself is not worth. If you are interested in iphone 12 series, go for iphone 12.

Mini 64/128GB is 65/70k here. IMO 64GB variant is pointless today considering no expandable storage. I would say 128GB will just be enough for the next few years for most users.

For a cheap iPhone, 12 Mini is good as it has top of the line CPU, OLED display & cameras. The only place it lags over iPhone 12 is the battery life. So iPhone 12 is considered the iPhone for most people. Unless you need a very small phone, I'd say go for 12 over 12 mini. I feel 12 is compact enough, I'm also a compact phone user.
Compare Apple iPhone 12 mini vs. Apple iPhone 12 vs. Apple iPhone 12 Pro - GSMArena.com

My suggestion is based on the assumption that you are an Apple guy.

powerstarprince

In the zone
Mini 64/128GB is 65/70k here. IMO 64GB variant is pointless today considering no expandable storage. I would say 128GB will just be enough for the next few years for most users.

For a cheap iPhone, 12 Mini is good as it has top of the line CPU, OLED display & cameras. The only place it lags over iPhone 12 is the battery life. So iPhone 12 is considered the iPhone for most people. Unless you need a very small phone, I'd say go for 12 over 12 mini. I feel 12 is compact enough, I'm also a compact phone user.
Compare Apple iPhone 12 mini vs. Apple iPhone 12 vs. Apple iPhone 12 Pro - GSMArena.com

My suggestion is based on the assumption that you are an Apple guy.

Yes, I'm still using an iPhone SE (2016) 32GB variant. I like the feel of compact phones, never owned a phone with a larger screen 5.5" or more. Also, lots of options available in the lineup to buy from the new iPhone SE, iPhone XR and the iPhone 12 mini. Don't think I can afford the price of an iPhone 12 but instead maybe choose the older iPhone 11 which has the very same battery life. I can keep the current SE for another year and wait for more phones to be released from Apple in the future, but the only reason I'm considering to purchase a new phone now is because there's a weird problem with my phone where when the device uses 3G signals to make phone calls or browse using mobile data, the battery of the device heats up abnormally and it shows a massive drain. Not sure, if the numbers reflect the true battery drain, it could also be a faulty battery but again when I tried different SIM cards the issue was still present. This phone was purchased in India, contacted Apple Support for if there is a hardware issue but after running a diagnosis test they said both hardware and the battery are fine. My battery health currently shows 84% capacity after 3 years of usage. The battery itself costs 50 pounds and the value of this phone at new condition is just 120 pounds and a used condition is 80 pounds.

I guess my budget to buy a new apple device is now 500 pounds, looking at mostly new condition phones and not refurbished. I can extend it to the price of an iPhone 12 mini but the iPhone 12 costs more than that. Btw, if you can tell what I can do with my iPhone SE please send me some suggestions. Overall, the phone just works fine except for this weird issue where I don't have a solution online. It happened since moving on to iOS 13 with the early updates after official release.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
You can trade-in your iphone SE.

But in my opinion, go for iphone 12. It would be a buy for 3 to 4 years again. and 6.1 inches is not that big. Cheers

I would say 6" phones nowadays are compact enough because they got rid of the bezels a lot. The iPhone 11 is bigger than iPhone 12/12 Pro/11 Pro. The old iPhone SE is too small in comparison but I'm fine with the size of my S8, but the 6.5" phones these days seem big to me.

I found that the phone width of 70mm is fine for me & 75mm starts feeling large.

Top Bottom