iPhone 12 need suggestions

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Yes, I'm still using an iPhone SE (2016) 32GB variant. I like the feel of compact phones, never owned a phone with a larger screen 5.5" or more. Also, lots of options available in the lineup to buy from the new iPhone SE, iPhone XR and the iPhone 12 mini. Don't think I can afford the price of an iPhone 12 but instead maybe choose the older iPhone 11 which has the very same battery life. I can keep the current SE for another year and wait for more phones to be released from Apple in the future, but the only reason I'm considering to purchase a new phone now is because there's a weird problem with my phone where when the device uses 3G signals to make phone calls or browse using mobile data, the battery of the device heats up abnormally and it shows a massive drain. Not sure, if the numbers reflect the true battery drain, it could also be a faulty battery but again when I tried different SIM cards the issue was still present. This phone was purchased in India, contacted Apple Support for if there is a hardware issue but after running a diagnosis test they said both hardware and the battery are fine. My battery health currently shows 84% capacity after 3 years of usage. The battery itself costs 50 pounds and the value of this phone at new condition is just 120 pounds and a used condition is 80 pounds.

I guess my budget to buy a new apple device is now 500 pounds, looking at mostly new condition phones and not refurbished. I can extend it to the price of an iPhone 12 mini but the iPhone 12 costs more than that. Btw, if you can tell what I can do with my iPhone SE please send me some suggestions. Overall, the phone just works fine except for this weird issue where I don't have a solution online. It happened since moving on to iOS 13 with the early updates after official release.
I am in the same boat as you as I also have a 2016 iphone SE Battery has become sh*t Currently it's also on 84% Batery health. Planning to change my battery but I don't know how much it will cost in apple store I am guessing 4-5k. Don't know what would be ideal.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I would still buy from a physical store.
The way people handle cargo in airports is really ridiculous. Sure the device may be packaged well to protect it, but id rather buy a device from a shop than something that I know has pinballed around the country.

Last edited:

powerstarprince

In the zone
I am in the same boat as you as I also have a 2016 iphone SE Battery has become sh*t Currently it's also on 84% Batery health. Planning to change my battery but I don't know how much it will cost in apple store I am guessing 4-5k. Don't know what would be ideal.
Great. How old is the phone? Mine is now 3+ years old. I would like to keep this iPhone till the end of iOS 14 support cycle but mine has a weird problem with its antenna I believe because the phone signals are low and also uses more power while the antenna is used. Not too sure if it's reflective of the battery percentage drain that happens after phone calls but it's just not like a normal phone. I considered replacing its battery would solve the issue but again I have no clue whether that's the right idea. So definitely I wouldn't replace my battery other than this reason until it reaches battery health to around 70% capacity. If you are not willing to purchase a new phone and feel the battery life you're getting is not what the phone should ideally give then feel free to replace. The phone will last for the next 2 years without any problem. A new battery will give a new life to this phone. Even if I do spend around the same amount of money for the battery and if doesn't solve my issue, then you know the value of iPhone SE right now is just around 20-30% more than the cost of its battery. But overall I really love this device even though the screen is too small for today's standards, it still runs fast and snappy on the latest iOS software.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Great. How old is the phone? Mine is now 3+ years old. I would like to keep this iPhone till the end of iOS 14 support cycle but mine has a weird problem with its antenna I believe because the phone signals are low and also uses more power while the antenna is used. Not too sure if it's reflective of the battery percentage drain that happens after phone calls but it's just not like a normal phone. I considered replacing its battery would solve the issue but again I have no clue whether that's the right idea. So definitely I wouldn't replace my battery other than this reason until it reaches battery health to around 70% capacity. If you are not willing to purchase a new phone and feel the battery life you're getting is not what the phone should ideally give then feel free to replace. The phone will last for the next 2 years without any problem. A new battery will give a new life to this phone. Even if I do spend around the same amount of money for the battery and if doesn't solve my issue, then you know the value of iPhone SE right now is just around 20-30% more than the cost of its battery. But overall I really love this device even though the screen is too small for today's standards, it still runs fast and snappy on the latest iOS software.
I had purchased the phone in Aug 2017 and Yeah its still snappy as if it was new but since few days battery is giving me headache I was wrong and I checked today the battery health is down to 74% The phone is shutting down within 2 hrs.Right now i am using it as secondary device and using and android device But yeah there is no comparision of iOS to Android as android cannot match the smoothness of iOS.So i am planning to replace my battery in future and i am fine with 4inch screen but the thing i am worrying about it that iOS 14 drains more battery no matter if battery is new or not i have read about it somewhere.Also do you have any idea how much exactly battery replacement will cost?

powerstarprince

In the zone
I had purchased the phone in Aug 2017 and Yeah its still snappy as if it was new but since few days battery is giving me headache I was wrong and I checked today the battery health is down to 74% The phone is shutting down within 2 hrs.Right now i am using it as secondary device and using and android device But yeah there is no comparision of iOS to Android as android cannot match the smoothness of iOS.So i am planning to replace my battery in future and i am fine with 4inch screen but the thing i am worrying about it that iOS 14 drains more battery no matter if battery is new or not i have read about it somewhere.Also do you have any idea how much exactly battery replacement will cost?
It costs 50 pounds or 50 dollars, I remember it to be 3500/- or 4000/- Indian Rupees. It matches UK pound conversion rate. So definitely, not less than 3500/- Rupees. Yes, I think you should replace the battery with a new one. Mine shows as 84% health but sometimes it still powers off itself on its own and restarts whenever it enters low power mode or when battery is less than 25% left. I'm not so sure whether iOS 14 drains more battery, but yeah I remember iOS 11 and 12 were really good and battery efficient. You can search for battery saving tips or guide for iOS 14 and disable the stuff you don't need from the settings app. I used to do this a lot even on Android and it saves the extra battery drain that happens when not using the phone. On an average it's useful to replace battery with a new one every 3 years or so if the phone is still going well and strong. I personally love the 4 inch iPhone SE it's so compact, snappy and nice for a user who doesn't post a lot on social network.

Top Bottom