montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Hello,

Posting this for a friend who has an ipad (under warranty upto July 2012).
His kid dropped the ipad and some glass has come off the corner (just a small portion around the rim)

The ipad works perfectly, if you hold it vertically you can't see any cracks.

Is it worth the risk to take this ipad to the service center and ask for replacement/fixup estimate!?

Altough a silicon cover hides the chip, but nothing beats a flawless iphone with no nicks or dents~

Location - Mumbai

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
my iPod Touch also has a small crack near the home button. You could visit any near Apple Store in Mumbai. There are quite a few.
My iPod works fine BTW.

OP
montsa007

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
my iPod Touch also has a small crack near the home button. You could visit any near Apple Store in Mumbai. There are quite a few.
My iPod works fine BTW.

Do they offer replacement as an option?

I red a few forums, they do offer replacement in US, but Indian Apple Stores are Franchisees and not Direct Outlets, I doubt their intentions?

Is the purchase receipt needed? (I doubt if it'll be available)
I had a guy in office whose center button was jacked (Iphone 4 16GB), and they replaced it coz it couldn't be repaired, luckily I had taken a backup for him so restored all his contacts etc.,.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
No they probably wont do a free replacement as your friend dropped it and broke it. It would be better if the receipt is available as that way you can atleast prove it is in warranty.
Alternatively you can also email Apple India and ask them.

OP
montsa007

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
No they probably wont do a free replacement as your friend dropped it and broke it. It would be better if the receipt is available as that way you can atleast prove it is in warranty.
Alternatively you can also email Apple India and ask them.

Kk thanks for your response ;)
Will advise him accordingly.

amjath

Human Spambot
My friend got his ipod touch replaced but he did not drop it. Ur frd's is a physical damage so i dont think it ll cover under warranty.

Top Bottom